DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

The crash seems to be non-fatal. After clicking "Restart" everything seems to behave normally.

To reproduce:

DrivenByMoss 10.10
Bitwig 2.4
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, i5 2500, 16 GB RAM, Audient iD-14, Geforce 1080

1. Make sure the Push 2 is OFF.
2. Start up a new instance of Bitwig.
3. Turn on the Push 2. Crash message appears.
4. Click "Restart" in the crash dialog and everything seems to work okay after that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yokai wrote:Is the Push/Push2 controller still using a "beta" API to handle it's display? I noticed just now that the new DrivenByMoss 10.10 still shows "BETA" in red text when you look at Shortcuts > Controllers.
Sadly, the new API is still marked as beta. Will be fixed in the upcoming 2.4.1.

Yokai wrote:The crash seems to be non-fatal. After clicking "Restart" everything seems to behave normally.

To reproduce:

DrivenByMoss 10.10
Bitwig 2.4

4. Click "Restart" in the crash dialog and everything seems to work okay after that?
I tried to do as you said but it still does not work... I have "buU: Could not open device: access denied (insufficient permissions)" and I click on restart but he always sends me this message :(
I will try to reinstall everything but I do not think it will work so much

Moon14 wrote:
Yokai wrote:The crash seems to be non-fatal. After clicking "Restart" everything seems to behave normally.

To reproduce:

DrivenByMoss 10.10
Bitwig 2.4

I tried to do as you said but it still does not work... I have "buU: Could not open device: access denied (insufficient permissions)" and I click on restart but he always sends me this message :(
I will try to reinstall everything but I do not think it will work so much
I reported it to Bitwig. There is nothing you or I can do to fix this.

turbo_kev wrote: but I still cant use the Left and Right arrows to scroll through
only the Up and Down arrows seem to work
Argh, should have tested that as well. Will be fixed in the next version.

pinki wrote:
moss wrote:
pinki wrote: Unfortunately I am having difficulty getting the OSC script to talk to my Jazz Mutant Lemur. It has been working happily before with 5.0 of your script.
Sadly, you can currently only use the default values. I hope that Bitwig will provide a fix: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... issues/208
Hi Moss..it's the Host ip address that has disappeared not the Port number. Somehow it always worked before this latest combination of 6.0 and 2.4.
That is correct. It is always listening on localhost, so why would you need to change that?

Moon14 wrote: Since a few month I migrated definitively to linux and I work with Bitwig studio. I have Bitwig 2.4 and your lastest version (10.10) but it dosen't work correctly in my Bitwig software. This bug would not it be specific to linux ?

The Push 2 is automatically detected and I have this 2 messages (in the order of appearance) : "Ableton / Push 2, controller is now ready to use" and after "Push 2 crashed, buU: Could not open device: Access denied (insufficient permissions)" (and I don't have the second application about the display, because I don't need to run now)
You need to give your user access to the Push 2 USB port. I added the necessary text again to the Wiki (on the installation page). The mentioned file is part of the 2.0 download on my homepage.
Please confirm if that worked for you, then I will add that file to the next update.

moss wrote:
turbo_kev wrote: but I still cant use the Left and Right arrows to scroll through
only the Up and Down arrows seem to work
Argh, should have tested that as well. Will be fixed in the next version.
Cheers Mr Moss
for a non musician i am pretty good at finding the bugs

thats why i think people like me should always be on the beta tests

because we are just players with the technology, we press and twiddle knobs

that the professionals dont do

Thanks for listening , im sorry to be a pain in your butt LOL

cheers

Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Thank you for your reply,

I tried but I did not succeed... Here is an overview
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moon14 wrote:Thank you for your reply,

I tried but I did not succeed... Here is an overview
Have you checked if your user is a member of the audio group? Also try running Bitwig as superuser to see if it is really an access rights problem.

I'm thinking of buying a Komplete Kontrol MK2 keyboard, what's the status of support for those? Any annoying limitations? Is it possible to automatically map the encoders to the active device's performance page like the Nektar script for example does? Any other comments, pros and cons with using KK Mk2 with Bitwig?

ilmai wrote:I'm thinking of buying a Komplete Kontrol MK2 keyboard, what's the status of support for those? Any annoying limitations? Is it possible to automatically map the encoders to the active device's performance page like the Nektar script for example does? Any other comments, pros and cons with using KK Mk2 with Bitwig?
That is the current state:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ITpKDPCVk

So far the instance navigation did not work. It seems that the new release 2.0.3 from yesterday now sends the necessary information to Bitwig but I am not sure if it is really working since it looked like always to be the first ID (did not have time yet to test that in detail).

Hello!

Thanks for the hard work :)

but its crashing constantly on windows 10 with push2....

Any update coming soon?

thx!

ilmai wrote:I'm thinking of buying a Komplete Kontrol MK2 keyboard, what's the status of support for those? Any annoying limitations? Is it possible to automatically map the encoders to the active device's performance page like the Nektar script for example does? Any other comments, pros and cons with using KK Mk2 with Bitwig?
It maps Bitwig native devices very well, for third party plugins you would need to have a device map installed e.g.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=480998

as there's really no such thing as 'automapping' - in reality it requires intelligent design.

Or load the plugin inside Komplete Kontrol and benefit from its own internal mapping system, which is on the whole more comprehensive.

aMUSEd wrote:It maps Bitwig native devices very well, for third party plugins you would need to have a device map installed e.g.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=480998

as there's really no such thing as 'automapping' - in reality it requires intelligent design.

Or load the plugin inside Komplete Kontrol and benefit from its own internal mapping system, which is on the whole more comprehensive.
Thanks for the reply, that's what I was actually trying to ask: does it automatically map to device panel knobs. Based on this and what moss posted above, KK is looking quite attractive for my next keyboard :D

Return to “Controller Scripting”