DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Does the Komplete Kontrol S49/61/88 MK2 script support integration with the NI Maschine plugin like it does with the Komplete Kontrol plugin? Has anyone tried this combination and does it work?

Thanks for this great script Moss!
I'm using 13.5 for Bitwig with Novation SL MkIII and Windows 10. Awesome, with the new Note features for Bitwig 4!
My issue is I can't get the Shift key to enable fine-tuning when twisting knobs.
Maybe I'm missing something, everything else works perfectly.

Novation SLMkIII

New: A new clip can be created from the track menu.
New: Long press a note in the sequencer to edit the note.[/i][/i][/i]

Thanks for this, really awesome new features added to the novation sl mkIII Stepsequencer is much more usefull now! :hyper:

Amazing work in progress Juergen....a big thank you!!!!!

Hello Juergen could it be that the Duplicate and Clear functionality has been lost on the newest version 13.5?

I'm at Novation SL MKIII

Hi, I am also in trouble with bugs (maybe?).

1) On the novation SL, create new clip complains that there is no empty clip when there is. I just reinstalled the extension. Previously, create new clip would start recording instead of just creating the clip. It's odd, because I swear I have used and loved the functionality in the previous days.

2) On *both* the SL and the launchpad pro, I see yellow clips in the scene view, not colours.

[EDIT] In version 12.3.2, the colours in session view are correct on both controllers, but on the launchpad pro the new clip creation is wrong (wrong length) and the drum sequencer has many many bugs (too many to write them down as probably they have been fixed already).

questionaire wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:26 am Hello Juergen could it be that the Duplicate and Clear functionality has been lost on the newest version 13.5?

I'm at Novation SL MKIII
Sorry it still works my fault. I use ableton and bitwig. I was confused with how the clear button works with ableton, simply the highligthed/selected clip will delete the clip when pushing clear button in Ableton.
With Bitwig you need to push the clear/duplicate button and then push the clip/pad button to delete/duplicate the clip. The way it works in Bitwig with the extension is perfectly fine but confusing with the ableton way.

moss wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:49 pm
sandrodc wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:50 pm
In the editor for the remote control pages, click on the name of the page (the header) while holding down the Alt-key (on Windows/Linux). Haven't checked Mac but I guess it is option.
The Option key trick worked! Ain’t it baffling how: 1) I couldn’t figure it out (rule #1 when something you expect to happen doesn’t is to press ctl/alt keys right? :hihi: ); 2) NI missed adding it to the manual…

Thanks so much!!!

theotteryears wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:36 am I have a Push 2 on the way to use with Bitwig, and i was wondering if it is possible to change the length of a bar in a clip from the Push 2 - eg. to make it 15 beats long.
Yes, if you change the loop/play range but it works only for clips in the clip launcher.
theotteryears wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:36 am ps. and are clip follow actions available from push?
No.

lucian303 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:11 am Does the Komplete Kontrol S49/61/88 MK2 script support integration with the NI Maschine plugin like it does with the Komplete Kontrol plugin? Has anyone tried this combination and does it work?
Just checked and yes it does. Took me a bit to figure out how to switch between the modes:
Press Plug-in and then Mixer -> you are in the Maschine mixer
Press instance and then Mixer -> you are in the Bitwig mixer

norv wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:17 am Thanks for this great script Moss!
I'm using 13.5 for Bitwig with Novation SL MkIII and Windows 10. Awesome, with the new Note features for Bitwig 4!
My issue is I can't get the Shift key to enable fine-tuning when twisting knobs.
Maybe I'm missing something, everything else works perfectly.
It actually does work but it is not noticable. I will add the speed settings to the SLMkIII as well in the next update then you can tweak the "slow setting".

vincenzoml wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:41 am 1) On the novation SL, create new clip complains that there is no empty clip when there is. I just reinstalled the extension. Previously, create new clip would start recording instead of just creating the clip. It's odd, because I swear I have used and loved the functionality in the previous days.
This might be confusing since this relates to what you see on the SLMkIII, which has only 2 slots on a page (this is an API limitation). You need to scroll down till you see at least one free slot.

DrivenByMoss 13.6.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 4.0
  • Fire
    • New: Browser+Session clip: Opens browser to insert a new clip.
    • New: Multiple notes can be selected for editing.
    • New: Notes in Poly Sequencer can now be edited too.
  • Launchpad
    • New: The note repeat octave range can now be changed in the Shift Mode (the two red buttons right to note repeat on/off).
    • Fixed: Tempo and Swing values could not be changed.
    • Fixed: Chord mode: additional notes did not respect the velocity (accent) setting.
  • Maschine / Mikro Mk3
    • New: Multiple notes can be selected for editing.
    • New: Mute+Pad in sequencer toggles the mute state of the note.
    • New: Sequencer colors in drum and note sequencer are harmonized. Muted notes are grey. The selected notes to edit are yellow.
  • Maschine JAM
    • New: Mute+Pad in Sequencer toggles the mute state of the note.
  • Push
    • New: Mute+Pad in sequencers toggles the mute state of the note.
    • New: Selected notes in sequencers are now lit in yellow.
    • Fixed: Could not switch pages with Shift+Left/Right.
  • Novation SLMkIII
    • New: Added knob speed settings.
    • New: Selected notes in sequencers are now lit in yellow.
Enjoy!

My gosh, Jürgen you are faster than I can update my sets...; - )

Novation SLMkIII
New: Added knob speed settings.
Awesome, Moss, thank you so much!
I have a disability which makes knob twiddling a bit hit-or-miss, and being able to set my own knob speed for <SHIFT>Twiddle is a dream come true.
Thanks again!! :tu:

Any plans to add support for the Akai Force?

Return to “Controller Scripting”