DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

User avatar
sj1
KVRian
604 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:38 am

Hi. I'm noticing that when I exit Bitwig (4.0) all the lights on my LPP Mk3 remain on and I am not able to use Shift or Setup to access the button that would turn them off.

This means the lights stay on forever unless I unplug the device. Plugging and unplugging every day creates undesirable wear-and-tear on cords and ports.

Would it be possible for DBM to automatically return the LPP Mk3 to it's own "hardware mode" upon exit from Bitwig?

Trying to consistently remember to turn off the lights manually *before* exiting Bitwig seems to be a losing proposition (!)

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2975 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:15 pm

sj1 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:38 am
Hi. I'm noticing that when I exit Bitwig (4.0) all the lights on my LPP Mk3 remain on and I am not able to use Shift or Setup to access the button that would turn them off.

This means the lights stay on forever unless I unplug the device. Plugging and unplugging every day creates undesirable wear-and-tear on cords and ports.

Would it be possible for DBM to automatically return the LPP Mk3 to it's own "hardware mode" upon exit from Bitwig?

Trying to consistently remember to turn off the lights manually *before* exiting Bitwig seems to be a losing proposition (!)
Just checked and this works fine for me. I noticed in the past that Bitwig did not always wait till everything was shut down but this seems to work fine by now.
What is your OS?

User avatar
sj1
KVRian
604 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:35 am

Hi. Thanks for your reply and observations. I've got a PC running Windows 10 here.

So I take it that there is a "closing now" signal sent from Bitwig to plugins and DBM is coded to receive it and reset the LPP?

Assuming yes, is there anything further you can recommend for me to try here?

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2975 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:49 am

sj1 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:35 am
Hi. Thanks for your reply and observations. I've got a PC running Windows 10 here.

So I take it that there is a "closing now" signal sent from Bitwig to plugins and DBM is coded to receive it and reset the LPP?
Yes.
sj1 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:35 am
Assuming yes, is there anything further you can recommend for me to try here?
I am afraid no.

KVRer
17 posts since 14 Feb, 2016

Post Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:30 am

Hi hi, accessing session mode is disabled in my launchpad mini mk3, Session button doesn't even light up and cannot switch to it. I noticed this after I updated to BW 4 but might be coincidental.

Using your latest Moss scripts, latest launchpad mini firmware, latest BW. Was working fine until I updated to Bitwig 4. Expected behavior is to switch to Session mode when pressing the Session button. Observed behavior is button doesn't light up, and cannot access session mode to trigger clips as usual. Long pressing session button does take me to what seems to be general settings. Running on Linux.

Any pointers appreciated.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2975 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:56 pm

xv770 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:30 am
Hi hi, accessing session mode is disabled in my launchpad mini mk3, Session button doesn't even light up and cannot switch to it. I noticed this after I updated to BW 4 but might be coincidental.

Using your latest Moss scripts, latest launchpad mini firmware, latest BW. Was working fine until I updated to Bitwig 4. Expected behavior is to switch to Session mode when pressing the Session button. Observed behavior is button doesn't light up, and cannot access session mode to trigger clips as usual. Long pressing session button does take me to what seems to be general settings. Running on Linux.

Any pointers appreciated.
Just checked on Linux (and Windows too) and it works fine for me.

If you really have the latest Firmware (please double check) you can try the other two MIDI in-/outputs (names might be different depending on your Linux distro). Also check the base settings of the Launchpad, especially the MIDI channel.

KVRer
17 posts since 13 Jul, 2006

Post Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:18 am

I hope I'm not asking something very obvious: Is is possible to load the Launchpad only in "live mode", e.g. like Ableton Live does? I know this would disable much of the functionality and behavior of this extension. On the other hand, I could use the standard built-in functionality of the Launchpad Pro MK3 (note mode, chord mode, sequencer) and still use it as a session controller for Bitwig.

So if I have a look in the Lauchpad Programmer manual, this would be using the Launchpad in Live Mode + Session (DAW Mode) and not in programmer mode?
In Live Mode, all Launchpad Pro [MK3] functionality is maintained, such as having access to Note Mode, Chord Mode and Custom Modes.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2975 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:54 am

Fannon wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:18 am
I hope I'm not asking something very obvious: Is is possible to load the Launchpad only in "live mode", e.g. like Ableton Live does? I know this would disable much of the functionality and behavior of this extension. On the other hand, I could use the standard built-in functionality of the Launchpad Pro MK3 (note mode, chord mode, sequencer) and still use it as a session controller for Bitwig.

So if I have a look in the Lauchpad Programmer manual, this would be using the Launchpad in Live Mode + Session (DAW Mode) and not in programmer mode?
In Live Mode, all Launchpad Pro [MK3] functionality is maintained, such as having access to Note Mode, Chord Mode and Custom Modes.
No, that is not supported. Also Live-Mode is quite limited.

KVRer
17 posts since 13 Jul, 2006

Post Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:24 am

Thanks for the reply Moss!
Yes, I'm aware that the live-mode is limited. Was just curious if this was a trade off that could be enabled / disabled. I understand that you don't want to include all eventualities. Thanks for creating this awesome extension! Then I'll need to dig deeper how your functionality works :)

KVRer
17 posts since 14 Feb, 2016

Post Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:33 pm

moss wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:56 pm
xv770 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:30 am
Hi hi, accessing session mode is disabled in my launchpad mini mk3, Session button doesn't even light up and cannot switch to it. I noticed this after I updated to BW 4 but might be coincidental.

Using your latest Moss scripts, latest launchpad mini firmware, latest BW. Was working fine until I updated to Bitwig 4. Expected behavior is to switch to Session mode when pressing the Session button. Observed behavior is button doesn't light up, and cannot access session mode to trigger clips as usual. Long pressing session button does take me to what seems to be general settings. Running on Linux.

Any pointers appreciated.
Just checked on Linux (and Windows too) and it works fine for me.

If you really have the latest Firmware (please double check) you can try the other two MIDI in-/outputs (names might be different depending on your Linux distro). Also check the base settings of the Launchpad, especially the MIDI channel.
Sorry for the late reply got bit busy. Yes I definitely had the latest firmware. I did solve it out with your suggestion: I had to select "MI" instead of "DA" for both in/out. I remember vaguely more than a year or so ago seeing something related to this in the manual perhaps, but I could not find it this time, or might have missed it, or might be misremembering.

At any rate, I can launch clips now but I'm noticing the clips are all represented as orange, instead of the usual color coding. Am I missing a setting? Again couldn't find anything in the manual. Cheers and thanks.

KVRian
506 posts since 29 Mar, 2016

Post Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi sir

Does the fire script have an arpeggio latch mode?

KVRist
91 posts since 1 May, 2005

Post Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:06 pm

Just a quick sugestion: Would it be possible to put in the Config for Launchpad, Apc 40 an the other Grid Based Controllers a selctor fot the default Page of that Controller?

I use a Launchpad Pro MK3 and an APC 40 KMK2, The LP mostly for Sequencers and Notes, the APC mostly for Cliplaunching, Mixing etc.

As both Controllers start with the Note Mode as default i have to switch the APC all the Time to the Cliplauncher. No Big deal.... but if you could pre configure the default page it would be, in my oppinion, a handy feature.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2975 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:33 am

melodyz wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:10 pm
Hi sir

Does the fire script have an arpeggio latch mode?
No. Up to my knowledge neither the API note repeat arpeggiator nor the Arpeggiator device have this feature. So, you would need to send it as a feature request to Bitwig.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2975 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:37 am

astartes wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:06 pm
Just a quick sugestion: Would it be possible to put in the Config for Launchpad, Apc 40 an the other Grid Based Controllers a selctor fot the default Page of that Controller?

I use a Launchpad Pro MK3 and an APC 40 KMK2, The LP mostly for Sequencers and Notes, the APC mostly for Cliplaunching, Mixing etc.

As both Controllers start with the Note Mode as default i have to switch the APC all the Time to the Cliplauncher. No Big deal.... but if you could pre configure the default page it would be, in my oppinion, a handy feature.
Will add it to the wish list.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2975 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:10 am

xv770 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:33 pm
At any rate, I can launch clips now but I'm noticing the clips are all represented as orange, instead of the usual color coding. Am I missing a setting? Again couldn't find anything in the manual. Cheers and thanks.
That's a bug. Will be fixed in the next update!

Return to “Controller Scripting”