DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

jifi
KVRer
3 posts since 9 May, 2016

Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:30 am

Yesssss. Appreciate ya Moss!

protein
KVRer
1 posts since 15 Jun, 2005

Re: DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Moss
I downloaded yesteday the last version of DrivenByMoss. I put it in the directory Extensions. I use Launchpad MKII. There is no MIDI OUT. The MIDI IN is OK. Why?
Thank you.

Protein Kyn

SB-SIX
KVRist
136 posts since 30 Mar, 2015

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:56 am

Is it possible already to arm a track with 1 hand? Or could someone help me where this is done in the source? Maybe a long press on the arm button is an idea?

Bowchamp
KVRer
3 posts since 16 Mar, 2018

Post Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Hello, sorry if this is a very noob question but I was unable to find any videos on it or help on the thread.

On your github page it talks about adding controllers manually or auto detect, which seems to no longer be how it works in Bitwig 2.4?

I am unable to get bitwig to recognize your DrivenByMoss script. I have it in both the Extensions folder in User/Documents/Bitwig Studio, and also in the 'controller scripts' folder. Because in your tutorial you recommend installing it to the Extensions folder. However, when I go to the locations page and 'my controller scripts' section, it specifies the directory as the 'controller scripts' folder.

No new controller show up when I go to add controllers. I am interested in the Generic Flexi and it does not show up under the Generic category.

I have tried quitting bitwig and also restarting my computer. I'm not sure what I'm missing here?

DavidCarlyon
KVRist
61 posts since 17 Mar, 2018

Post Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Hey! I’m new around here! Bought bitwig yesterday. Going to try out these controllers tonight for push 2 and komplete ktrl mk2.
Just wanted to say thanks to moss! If I can make use of push I really won’t regret leaving ableton.
I mean, I won’t regret it anyway seeing as bitwig is king but....you know.
Cheers!

Matjoe
KVRer
24 posts since 14 Dec, 2016 from Berlin

Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi Moss,

So I'm using the Launchpad Pro and I noticed a couple of stuff I thought could be useful to mention here. I suspect this to be more API related but you never know...:

- the Launcher region does not move relative to the Launcher orientation when using the arrows to scroll.

- the Drum 4 and Drum 8 modes are not working. They are not sending midi notes, no lights (not filling the 4 or 8 pads or bitwig drum machine slots with yellow like the drum 64 do).

-I does let me draw blue lights on the pad though :hihi:

DavidCarlyon
KVRist

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:15 am

Hi people! I have a bit of a problem (though I’m sure it’s a user error)
I downloaded drive by moss 3.1, put it into the controller scripts folder (OS X) but when I open the controller tab in bitwig, there is no option to add ableton push 2.
Any idea what I’m doing wrong?
Cheers!
DC

DavidCarlyon
KVRist

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:39 am

I have sorted that now! Had it in the wrong folder! Now I’m back to the problem I had in ableton - my push pads are ‘sticking’
Meaning that when I press some of them down, the light stays on even when I lift off.
I have contacted ableton support multiple times about this to no avail!
Thought it might be something to do with my particular setup in ableton but apparently not!

Anyone else come across this?
Such a shame! Though I have to say, Although I have barely touched it yet, it seems to me that this in many ways is even better than with ableton! Got to say moss, seriously good job! Is there a PayPal I can send a few bucks to? Really great resource. I hope you are being compensated for this!

Next up komplete kontrol!

moss
KVRian
1377 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:00 am

Just released DrivenByMoss 3.30 with a little update:

# Open Sound Control (OSC) protocol - 6.10

* New: Receives /clip/{1-8}/remove

Bowchamp
KVRer
3 posts since 16 Mar, 2018

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:03 am

Is anyone able to help with my problem? I'm sure I am just missing something here.

moss
KVRian
1377 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:14 am

Bowchamp wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:03 am
Is anyone able to help with my problem? I'm sure I am just missing something here.
Sorry, didn't see your question.
Only put the "DrivenByMoss.bwextension" file in the "Extensions" folder. Remove it from the scripts folder (this folder is only for JavaScript extensions). Also the script folder configuration does only apply to JavaScript files.

Return to “Controller Scripting”