DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

turbo_kev wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:47 pm I just got my xmas present the Icon Platform M Plus
when I use your script the READ button always stays red
is there a way to turn it off
The READ button works in combination with the WRITE button. If you press WRITE, READ turns off.
If this is not the case, check if you have selected the Bitwig profile on the device.

moss wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
turbo_kev wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:47 pm I just got my xmas present the Icon Platform M Plus
when I use your script the READ button always stays red
is there a way to turn it off
The READ button works in combination with the WRITE button. If you press WRITE, READ turns off.
If this is not the case, check if you have selected the Bitwig profile on the device.
HI Moss
yes it does go off when I press Write, but sometimes I have automation set, but I do not want the faders to move, so I thought if I pressed the Read again it would go out and not follow the automation

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

DrivenbyMoss 4.02 is online!

Ableton Push / Push 2 - 11.02
  • New: Mute and Solo work now in all modes (not only in track modes).
  • Fixed: Fixed a crash in the Browser.
Enjoy!

Nice, thanks Moss! Could it be that I do not see it following the stable releases - link ?

AuralBee wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:11 pm Nice, thanks Moss! Could it be that I do not see it following the stable releases - link ?
Reload the page.

Newbie question, how did you add the Komplete Kontrol plug-in into Bitwig?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ollerbytes wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:10 pm Newbie question, how did you add the Komplete Kontrol plug-in into Bitwig?
You need to find out where the NI installer put the plugin, e.g. on Windows it is as a default in "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit". Add this folder to Settings -> Locations -> Plugin-Locations.

moss wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:25 pm
Ollerbytes wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:10 pm Newbie question, how did you add the Komplete Kontrol plug-in into Bitwig?
You need to find out where the NI installer put the plugin, e.g. on Windows it is as a default in "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit". Add this folder to Settings -> Locations -> Plugin-Locations.
Thank you so much.

The only minor issue I found so far is when you change from one track to another using the 4-Directional Push Encoder, the Komplete Kontrol plug-in window doesn't change as Ableton Live 10 do. If you have multiple KK instruments loaded mixed with other, let say a Roli Equator instrument and an audio track, and you change the tracks using the Encoder, the KK plug-in windows will keep showing unless manually closed.

Hi Moss
Still learning about my icon M+
don't know if its me or the script
but when I use the zoom feature it works , but only for a couple of turns both ways on the big jog knob
if I zoom out all the way to the left, I cant then zoom back again it just stays all the way to the left

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi there,

Since I installed version 4.02 and Bitwig upgrade 2.4.3 in Windows 10. I am having trouble with the sequencer. None of the sequencers works. The pads meant for giving input notes do nothing. I this a known bug?

Thanks!

turbo_kev wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:26 pm but when I use the zoom feature it works , but only for a couple of turns both ways on the big jog knob
if I zoom out all the way to the left, I cant then zoom back again it just stays all the way to the left
That's not a bug but I agree with you that the behaviour is confusing: If you look closely, Bitwig zooms in on the currently centered measure. This leads to the described effects when you zoom out below your previous zoom factor.

hi Mr Moss

is there any chance you can do a wiki on your script with the icon M+
because the one you have is a bit confusing because its kind of a generic wiki that includes button presses that are not on the icon m+
IE: shift plus this and shift plus that
im pulling my hair out looking for buttons I don't have

I would just like the stuff that's for the icon m+

many thanks
Kev

turbo_kev wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:52 pm hi Mr Moss

is there any chance you can do a wiki on your script with the icon M+
because the one you have is a bit confusing because its kind of a generic wiki that includes button presses that are not on the icon m+
IE: shift plus this and shift plus that
im pulling my hair out looking for buttons I don't have

I would just like the stuff that's for the icon m+

many thanks
Kev
Hi Kev,

I am sorry but I cannot document each and every device out there which speaks MCU (these are quite a lot). Since the M+ has only a view buttons simply search for those in the docs and see what they do.
Tipp: If you are missing features you can use the editor for the M+ to change the behaviourof the buttons.

i can't seem to find any detailed video on push 2 working with bitwigs piano roll. wasn't there a youtube video online?

how does it function? can the notes be moved from their positions with push 2, or are they stuck where you put them like in live 10 and you need to copy/paste them to new steps / move them by mouse? easy to edit clip length, crop like live 10 etc?

i'd love to see some video / information about push 2 + bitwigs 2 piano roll functions / step sequencers. being able to move the notes around with the controller is pretty important feature.

Return to “Controller Scripting”