DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

SB-SIX wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:43 pm I've changed the first row button behaviour that it toggles track arm if it is already selected.
Seems even more intuitive that it stays on track mode. What shall I do with the change, is it useful for others? Shall I make a pull request?
Great idea and would be a useful addition to the main extension. :tu:

Is it available to play with?

Yes of course, you can download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfneno9k9urta ... nsion?dl=0

So in short this enables record arm with one hand

Thank you SB-SIX, it works great and a really nice improvement. :tu:

Cool thanks for testing and letting me know. Lets see if moss likes this too so it can be merged into the repository.

I released DrivenByMoss 4.03!

Ableton Push / Push 2 - 11.03
  • Fixed: Fixed resetting of Push 2 display colors.
Novation Launchpad Pro & MkII - 3.45
  • Fixed: Transposing the piano view was broken
Enjoy!

Merry Christmas Mr Moss

Thanks for all your hard work, and putting up with most probably the only non musician using bitwig with all the gear and absolutely no talent

The last question I have for you this year is this

on my icon M+ the Mixer button is always lit, what does it do when I press it
I don't see anything happening

Think yourself lucky you don't work for Arturia
you cant imagine how many questions I have about the Matrixbrute LOL
cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi @moss, did you have time to look at my tiny pullrequest?

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi SB-SIX !
If i were someone who worked hard and freely for years on a script that made a lot of controllers really powerful tools for bitwig and i see that someone made a fork (could be really little , but there is always a beginning) of it without telling me and making it available to everyone.
If i were that guy . i would certainly feel that disrespectful.
Making things free does not mean that everyone can change everything freely... if it's not for it's own use .
There are other respectful ways to work with someone project than grabbing his code modifying few lines and putting it on the net available for everyone before having discutions and more important the authorization of the guy who made 99,9% of the code i think.
But perhaps you've got his authorization and my message is out of purpose .
That's my humble opinion .

turbo_kev wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:04 pm on my icon M+ the Mixer button is always lit, what does it do when I press it
I don't see anything happening
It toggles the Mixer in Arrange layout. If you are using 2 monitors you will see no effect.
Remeber that you can always reassign the buttons of the M+ to different functions with the icon tool!

SB-SIX wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:34 am Hi @moss, did you have time to look at my tiny pullrequest?
Cheers,
Stefan
Sorry, I somehow didn't get a notification about the pullrequest.

zengel wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:46 am Hi SB-SIX !
If i were someone who worked hard and freely for years on a script that made a lot of controllers really powerful tools for bitwig and i see that someone made a fork (could be really little , but there is always a beginning) of it without telling me and making it available to everyone.
Making things free does not mean that everyone can change everything freely... if it's not for it's own use .
There are other respectful ways to work with someone project than grabbing his code modifying few lines and putting it on the net available for everyone before having discutions and more important the authorization of the guy who made 99,9% of the code i think.
Peace man, it is totally fine what he does. Everybody can make changes to the code as long as you respect the LGPL license: the main points are that you have to make your changes public too (under LGPL) and keep the original copyright note.

zengel wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:46 am Hi SB-SIX !

Wow, ok, didn't see this coming... I just wanted to create a pull request, and therefore I had to make a fork. Never had the intention or even thought of all those things you're saying there. Yes it's a small change but a huge improvement in workflow for me (and I've heard others too). And by the way I did tell moss... Here in the thread and also by sending the pull request.

@Moss :I really appreciate, as all bitwig users, what you does for the bitwig community . Even more now that i know you are really open minded .
But
@ SB-SIX : I also know that the ego is something to think about when you work on a project that does not belong to you.
And few things can break the enthousiasme and the energy of involved good guy .

Have a good day and happy new year time ! :)

@zengel not sure what you are on to, but my only intention was to contribute and be helpful. It saddens me a bit that this is turned into something negative.

Hey Mr Moss

I forgot to ask why we cant have scrub on the big knob
on the icon M+

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Return to “Controller Scripting”