DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Moss,
Thanks for great scripts and your hard work!
New features of Generic Flexi 2, Modes menu and automatic follow parameters is very usefull. :D

FR:
Please add Popup Browser mode to Modes menu.
If 8 knobs can autofollowing 8 columns in Popup Browser, like a Modes menu parameters,it is more usefull.

I did tried VSCode and setting with JDK path and Maven.
After that,I did edit code for add browser columns 7 and 8. and try build but I can't setting for compile. studying Java and Javascript is too hard for me..

Please add new mode to future update of Generic Flexi :pray:
My English is not good.
Thanks for read.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

donstar wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:45 am Hi moss,

is it a bug or it is not possible to use undo button when session record enabled? Only when session record disabled I am able to undo recorded notes.

Thank you.

Push2 | MacOS 10.4.3 | bitwig 2.4.3 | DBM 5.01
That is a Bitwig problem, which I also run into frequently. Maybe someone should report it :-)

Slipgate wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm Any chance of Maschine MK3 support?
Tried to get my hands on one (also on the Jam) but so far no luck.

strovoknights wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 am Please add Popup Browser mode to Modes menu.
If 8 knobs can autofollowing 8 columns in Popup Browser, like a Modes menu parameters,it is more usefull.
Yes, good idea.
strovoknights wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 am I did tried VSCode and setting with JDK path and Maven.
After that,I did edit code for add browser columns 7 and 8. and try build but I can't setting for compile. studying Java and Javascript is too hard for me..
I will release a tutorial the next days about developing with Java.
Last edited by moss on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Moss!!
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. Thanks to Jurgen for all his hard work.

A couple question from messing around:

1. For 3rd party plugins do I always need to create a device to expose parameters? Or is there a way around that? For instance, it recognizes that Vallhalla FreqEcho is present in my set but I can't tweak any parameters.

2. I also tried the OSC script. I can make sound and launch clips, but I can't seem to get the mixer working. There's no updating of the TouchOSC display on my iPad, and the mixer channels aren't responding in Bitwig. I'm running OSCBridge on MacOS, have the latest version of Java installed, and the latest version of TouchOSC on my iPad pro.

Thanks for any suggestions on settings and the like.

One other question. I can't seem to get User mode working. I have Numerology set up to run in user mode on Live, but I can't seem to get it happening with Bitwig and Push 2. Thx.

Push 2 is still supported on Linux ? I use Bitwig studio on KDE neon but when I plug my Push I have : "bur: Could not open device: Access denied (insufficient permissions)".

Files "DrivenByMoss.bwextension." and "99-userusbdevices.rules" are in their respective locations, respecting the installation instructions in github.
I have checked the information in "99-userusbdevices.rules" and for me everything is good.

I don't know what to do...

I can't seem to find any info on this elsewhere, does Moss or anyone here know when the API used for Push 2 in Bitwig will be coming out of beta?

I experienced a crash to desktop bug repeatedly caused by the script / API interacting with the Push 2 Display and Bitwig Graphics (reported to Bitwig and Github) which led me to unplug the Push 2 for months.

I'm afraid to try it again as I lost so much work during this time when I used Push 2 with Bitwig. I'm hoping there's some news soon! I bought Push 2 simply to use with Bitwig and now it is gathering dust!
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Music Producer / Audio Engineer

jsterne wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:40 pm 1. For 3rd party plugins do I always need to create a device to expose parameters? Or is there a way around that? For instance, it recognizes that Vallhalla FreqEcho is present in my set but I can't tweak any parameters.
Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeK9cGfNDeo
jsterne wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:40 pm 2. I also tried the OSC script. I can make sound and launch clips, but I can't seem to get the mixer working. There's no updating of the TouchOSC display on my iPad, and the mixer channels aren't responding in Bitwig. I'm running OSCBridge on MacOS, have the latest version of Java installed, and the latest version of TouchOSC on my iPad pro.
The template you use with a OSC client must use the commands supported by my implementation. Watch the 3 part tutorial I did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEH7k1kp5U8

jsterne wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:20 pm One other question. I can't seem to get User mode working. I have Numerology set up to run in user mode on Live, but I can't seem to get it happening with Bitwig and Push 2. Thx.
See my previous answer about Remote Controls. Either use those or do an individual mapping either with e.g. my Generic Flexi extension or use the direct mapping feature of Bitwig (learn and assign a midi controller to any element in Bitwig).

Moon14 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:25 pm Push 2 is still supported on Linux ? I use Bitwig studio on KDE neon but when I plug my Push I have : "bur: Could not open device: Access denied (insufficient permissions)".

Files "DrivenByMoss.bwextension." and "99-userusbdevices.rules" are in their respective locations, respecting the installation instructions in github.
I have checked the information in "99-userusbdevices.rules" and for me everything is good.

If you get this error there must be a problem with your settings. Did you check running it as root?

reflekshun wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:16 am I can't seem to find any info on this elsewhere, does Moss or anyone here know when the API used for Push 2 in Bitwig will be coming out of beta?

I experienced a crash to desktop bug repeatedly caused by the script / API interacting with the Push 2 Display and Bitwig Graphics (reported to Bitwig and Github) which led me to unplug the Push 2 for months.

I'm afraid to try it again as I lost so much work during this time when I used Push 2 with Bitwig. I'm hoping there's some news soon! I bought Push 2 simply to use with Bitwig and now it is gathering dust!
I guess you are on Mac? You have to ask Bitwig about the current state of this problem.

Independently of this problem, always save your work! Hitting Ctrl+S is really fast.

moss wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:08 am
Moon14 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:25 pm Push 2 is still supported on Linux ? I use Bitwig studio on KDE neon but when I plug my Push I have : "bur: Could not open device: Access denied (insufficient permissions)".

If you get this error there must be a problem with your settings. Did you check running it as root?
i just started bitwig in root mode but it runs bitwig in the root part and so I have to put the files in the root folder and not in etc/udev/ rule.d and /Bitwig Studio/Extensions/
and normally I can not go to the root file

moss wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:32 am
Slipgate wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm Any chance of Maschine MK3 support?
Tried to get my hands on one (also on the Jam) but so far no luck.
This would be amazing!! I am on the verge of getting rid of my mk3 as i find it takes me away from bitwig and slows down my workflow. It seems to make more sense to do everything in Bitwig. But if i could use it FOR bitwig that would be great.

Loving the new flexi script. Really, really, really useful. Great stuff.

One little question i had (for anyone really) is there any way to use NRPN in Bitwig? I have a behringer Deep mind which sends and reads NRPN and it would seem that i cannot use that in bitwig?
In ableton there is a max device you can download and it works great.
It makes sense to use NRPN as the resolution is better and i get no filter stepping. Really don't want to be going back into live.....haha

Return to “Controller Scripting”