DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

You're welcome

joris.roling wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:17 pm But for my own extension (https://github.com/jorisroling/axyz-gems, inpired by your videos) I'm trying to make a button press (CC) moving the the next/previous preset **without opening the browser**. In the past there seemed to be functions like that (switchToNextPreset/switchToPreviousPreset), but they are now depricated in favor of the browser class.

Any thoughts on how to approach this, or do you think this impossible?
I think it is not possible. You can try to open the browser, move to next/previous and then close it. But opening at least creates some delay.

Hi,

I currently own an Akai MidiMix and will probably be getting an APC25. I noticed that neither of these are in the supported list, and wondered if there was any compatibility at all. Not currently using Bitwig, but may consider it in the near future.

Many thanks!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 am I currently own an Akai MidiMix and will probably be getting an APC25. I noticed that neither of these are in the supported list, and wondered if there was any compatibility at all. Not currently using Bitwig, but may consider it in the near future.
Not supported by me, besides using the Generic Flexi. I think someone did an APC25 script, just search for it.

moss wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:44 ambesides using the Generic Flexi.
I wasn't aware of that. Just watched Youtube video and think it will work fine. Many thanks :tu:

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for adding the Komplete Kontrol M32 to your extension. Works very well!

Now picking up on the idea of changing presets with Bitwig's MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device as discussed in this thread, I was wondering if it's possible to change the resolution of the knobs on the Komplete Kontrol keyboard through your extension? In it's current state it's very difficult to change presets by one step only. The slightest touch on the knob translates to 2 or 3 steps.

Here's how I set it up:
1) Adding a Bitwig MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device and a VSTi to an instrument track
2) Moving the VSTi to the CHAIN of the MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device to link them
3) Switching from TRACK INSTANCE to PLUG-IN MIDI on the KK M32 (SHIFT + PLUG-IN MIDI)
4) Map the program # from the MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device to Knob 1 on the KK M32

bM3w wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:33 am Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for adding the Komplete Kontrol M32 to your extension. Works very well!

Now picking up on the idea of changing presets with Bitwig's MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device as discussed in this thread, I was wondering if it's possible to change the resolution of the knobs on the Komplete Kontrol keyboard through your extension? In it's current state it's very difficult to change presets by one step only. The slightest touch on the knob translates to 2 or 3 steps.

Here's how I set it up:
1) Adding a Bitwig MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device and a VSTi to an instrument track
2) Moving the VSTi to the CHAIN of the MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device to link them
3) Switching from TRACK INSTANCE to PLUG-IN MIDI on the KK M32 (SHIFT + PLUG-IN MIDI)
4) Map the program # from the MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE device to Knob 1 on the KK M32
Currently not possible. I could maybe add such a parameter to the "Generic Flexi", will put it on the list.

Thanks so much for your work!
Is there a way to repurpose the touchstrip so that it can act as a crossfader (like in a DJ setup)?

Thanks!

sukebe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:55 am Thanks so much for your work!
Is there a way to repurpose the touchstrip so that it can act as a crossfader (like in a DJ setup)?

Thanks!
If you are talking about the Push controller, then yes. Shift + Touch the strip.

Hey Moss. This is amazing work! As a new Bitwig owner, it's amazing to be able to use my Push 2!

Do you have any idea when the Novation SL MKIII will be included?

EDIT: I just found this video, looks like it will work great so far! I'll give this a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THRJBdbqTbc

moss wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:39 am
Contour wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:10 pm Hi Moss,

NI integration looks awesome but I encountered an issue.

When installing Maschine Mikro Mk3 and Komplete Kontrol M32 according to instructions only the Maschine script notified it is successfully installed and is ready to use. KK M32 seems to function like a normal midi controller with no special functions available. The Mikro script seems to work, albeit the big knob is sending some mackie etc messages which only decrease the selected value (vol, pan or send 1) - maybe I missed something on installation I'll have to check.

Would be nice to get the KK m32 script also working but no luck so far.

I should note that I also use the Moss beatstep script which works as advertised on the BS.
Is this on Mac or Windows?
This is without loading a Maschine or Kontrol plugin?
Have you tried to restart your computer with both devices connected and turned on?
Hi Moss, sorry for the delay.

This is on MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 (Mac Pro Late 2013).

Symptoms of the problem:
- Komplete M32 does not connect the controller functions at all (unless I map it myself), only the basic keyboard with pitch/mod.
- Maschine Mikro Mk3 works as advertised but the big knob is sending some descending message and quickly turns any parameter to zero (volume, pan, send 1).

This happens both when loading Maschine and/or Kontrol plugin.

I have tried restarting computer with both devices connected and turned on.

Everything should also be up to date (NI stuff via Native Access, Bitwig using latest 3 beta).

I installed the scripts as noted in Github (.bwextension file to Extensions folder).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Contour wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:32 pm Would be nice to get the KK m32 script also working but no luck so far.
1) Currently, the automatic lookup does not work. Add the extension manually and select the in-/output which ends with "DAW" as the first and the other one as the 2nd.

2) You need to map the 1st parameter of Komplete Kontrol plugin (named "NKS0x") to the first parameter of the first remote control page.

Both things should not be necessaty anymore in the next update.

DrivenByMoss 6.4 is online!

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: The speed (fast and slow) for relative knob changes can be configured
    • New: A command can be assigned to be the Shift button (Global: Shift Button), which gives extra functionality if combined with another control (e.g. Play, Rewind, Forward and Knob Speeds).
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • New: Mapping of first Komplete Kontrol parameter is no longer necessary
    • New: Improved automatic lookup
Enjoy!

moss wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:59 pm [*]Generic Flexi
  • New: The speed (fast and slow) for relative knob changes can be configured
Thanks for that!

Hello Jürgen. I love your OSC Bitwig extension but can it send note per note OSC message from Bitwig so I can have Unity gameobjects animation be triggered everytime a note in Bitwig is played?

Return to “Controller Scripting”