Two controllers combined as one?

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, back for my second scripting question. I already made a very simple script work, but now I require a bit more advanced programming. I am looking for high-level directions as well as some detailed pointers.

The high-level question is how to get a secondary controller to follow the focus/cursor grid of a primary controller. For my case, I want a BCR2000 to dynamically map to the 8 tracks in the focus of a Launchpad grid. How do I go about this? Can I access two controllers in one script? What existing scripts do something similar?

In detail, I am looking to map to macro controls of the first device in each of the 8 focus tracks. How can these be accessed? Furthermore, I want to fold/unfold group tracks, and (de)activate and delete any track in focus with one button. How can this be achieved?

Born A Kid wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 am The high-level question is how to get a secondary controller to follow the focus/cursor grid of a primary controller. For my case, I want a BCR2000 to dynamically map to the 8 tracks in the focus of a Launchpad grid. How do I go about this? Can I access two controllers in one script? What existing scripts do something similar?
If you just want to follow the selected track you can also use separate scripts. You only need to use one script if you want to integrate several controllers into one (e.g. control 16 tracks, 8 with controller 1 and 8 with controller 8 ).
To do the later, you can simply create more MIDI in-/outputs. I did something like this with my MCU extension (part of DrivenByMoss), which supports up to 4 devices.
Born A Kid wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 am In detail, I am looking to map to macro controls of the first device in each of the 8 focus tracks. How can these be accessed?
Do not use Macro controls anymore, only use Remote Controls.
Born A Kid wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 am Furthermore, I want to fold/unfold group tracks,
That is not possible. You can either use folded tracks (a tree) and navigate into groups (like on my Push implementation) or use flat tracks (all tracks are shown including the groups) like on my MCU implementation.
Born A Kid wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:30 am and (de)activate and delete any track in focus with one button. How can this be achieved?
Track activation can be toggled with the Channel.isActivated() property.
Deleting a track is not possible (I already requested this function as well).

Hello Jürgen, thanks for your reply! I will try to implement this in JavaScript and report back when I made progress. After that, I will submit feature requests.

Return to “Controller Scripting”