How is version 3 progressing?

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

squaredheads wrote:What it may seem isn't what it is.

I've worked hard and long (and still working) in something, so it will be released when it's finished. :wink:
Any news?

Any chance of a small release just to give me quantized start? (eg. 'Start next 1/4, Start next bar' sort of thing) I do live work and I can't use this. But I've been SOOOO wanting to!

I'd also love quantized start. Any news on development? This is by far my favorite arp.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

+1

+1

=3

:D

The silence is deafening. What a shame. :(

I recently paid for it, I sure hope there is an update.

Dear Nora users,

In order to bring some light to the development we will give some info. We know you are willing to see Nora 3 come out, the same way we want. The development is getting much longer than expected. Moreover, so far, Nora has not done great with regard to sales. Squaredheads started as our main occupation but since last year it became impossible to continue the same way. We are doing everything that is in our hands to continue as fast as possible, but it depends on the time we have. We hope one day things may change.

I hope you may understand it. We feel very proud for what we have created and for the support we had from the start: great reviews, awesome user community (thanks for everything!!) and (we hope) great future, but for now Nora 2 is everything we may offer you. Please continue supporting Nora 2 the same way you did so far.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Nora community. See you on the forums.

The Squaredheads Team

Did you go too deep?

Drop/forget the Push complexity - that audience is limited and the requirements are overwhelming.

Revert to the basic version 2, then: A) add a timed trigger (start next 'x') - make it useful live - this will increase your market. B) Expand the notes to a full octave / 11 notes (increase the size of your arrays) - this is a suitable and easy way for us to implement key switching - this will increase your market. C) Release it as a paid update - get some cash flow - I would happily send you more money for these relatively small changes. E) Re-focus on some marketing - you've been quiet for too long.

Boom - you are back in business and 95% of us are thrilled.

It's too good, too unique of a product for you to not just tweak it a bit and come roaring back. There is still no real competition that does quite what you do.

Yeah, I agree, a few tweaks as mentioned, a new skin, and I'll pay an upgrade fee too. Sorry to hear it hasn't been as financially rewarding though. I am not sure if you sell through other vendors like Plugin Boutique, but maybe that is a possibility?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you for the progress update. Happy holidays!

Absolutely thank you for the updated news! Nora is still one of the best out there, so I would just hate to see it fall by the wayside. Happy New Year to the SH team!

Return to “Squaredheads”