Triplets anyhow?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

yesterday I found out about Nora2, played with it, was excited and bought it. This is extremely well done and a lot of fun, playing with it. I searched for a long time for something like Nora. Thanks for this entertaining and useful tool.

But now I have a question: Is there a way, to make triplets within the editor. Most chords I enter are 3 note chords and I would really like to see, that at each count of a bar all of these 3 notes are played. Of course I can enter this three notes in the 4/4 Grid we now have, but then always the 4th part of a count would be empty. This is not a triplet, just only 3 played notes within each count. Basically that could be a 1/12th setting for 4/4 and 1/9th for 3/4 bars.

I would imagine, that at the top, where I can set the counts to i.e. 3/4, 4/4, 6/8 and so on, there could even be some kind of a 3/4(T), 4/4(T) etc. and then the grid would change in the way, that for each count in the bar there would be not 4 but just 3 rows inside.

Is that doable? Is that already there and I simply do not find it?

Best regards from Germany

Markus

I'm not really understanding what you mean. You can change the time signature for each clip, you can enter custom time signatures (use New). When you say triplets, do you mean triad chords? You just have to draw them in. Anyhow, sorry for misunderstanding you :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hello braj,

sorry for my English, it is not my native language and I tried to explain a this the best I could. I made a little picture to show better, what I mean:
Nora2 Triplets.jpg
So, the yellow line stands for a bar.
The red line is divided into 4 counts (the metronom will make four hits)
The white numbers show, that the grid is having 4 cells within each count.
The cyan numbers show, what I would like to have: 3 cells within each count. That would be a triplet.

But I cannot manage, to get this by changing the time signature. Maybe I'm thinking wrong and this could be done vie the time signature setting, but then I can't find out, what to enter there.

I hope, I could make this a little bit clearer now.

Best regards

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aha! Ok, so the menu to the right of the time signature drop down has settings for standard, dotted, and triplets :) Nora has that covered.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

So, that is really embarrasing. I had this right before my nose... and failed to find it. I entered 1/3 and now it works exactly the way I want it too. Sorry, I'm blind.

Thank you for your help.

Markus

Return to “Squaredheads”