different patterns in nora with 2 different VST in cubase 8

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello friends, i have the same problem can not play two different patterns in nora (Track 1 and Track 2) with 2 different VST for example sylenth and massive in cubase 8.
Someone can help me
thank you

Hi. I don't use Cubase myself but the idea is that you must have in one track Nora and fed it with MIDI notes (in one or more channels). Then open the Pattern Editor and select which tracks accepts each channel (In selector).

Example, if you want channel 1 triggers track 1 and channel 4 triggers track 2, then setup Track 1 In to "1", and Track 2 In to "4". However, if you want one single chord progression (no matter which channel it is) triggers Track 1 and Track 2, you can setup their midi input filter to "All".

Now, once you have it you must route the Nora output using the Out field. "All" means that same midi input channel (or channels) will remain the same. If you want to trigger two different synths, setup out to "1" in Track 1, and "2" for track 2.

Then in your host you must send the output to all the instruments. In Cubase all the channels are sent to all the instrument were the output is routed, so you must filter them by channel. Like I said, since I don't know Cubase very well, I did a google search and I found that you must use something called "Input Transformer" to filter each track channel. I hope it helps.

this is what i found via googleing ... tried in my trial version, it works!
you need to do this for every channel
i hope it helps

just in case...
here is the presets must be in the :
C:\Users\"you"\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 8_64\Presets

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank for the effort to look this information. It is really useful :wink:

my pleasure, was fun to search and learn.

Hi yellukhan,

I wish I'd searched here first - spent hours today using my usual multitimbral approaches with cubase and could not get Nora to work.

Thanks for the post.

Regards
Sean
64 bit, Windows 7, Cubase 7, VSL Ensemble/Pro

happy to help, you are welcome :)

yeah this isn't working for me?

have they not fixed this issue at the programming end with cubase as yet?

It is nothing we can fix. Nora just receive MIDI and send MIDI back - which MIDI receives or what does the host with the MIDI Nora sends, it depends 100% from the host. However, give a try to the explanations yellukhan offered

In Cubase Elements such feature (multi-output internal routing) is not provided since the Input Transformer is not part of Cubase Elements. No matter if you have selected a single input channel or all, all channels will be by default (internally) routed to the VSTi.

Nevertheless, I did this workaround with the free MidiChFilter utility which brings the same result (see attached jpg), e.g. multi-output from Nora, controlling up to 8 VSTis simultaneously using different patterns for each.
Steps:
1. insert 8 instances of midiChFilter. Set each to output as channel (using the midiChFilter menu) a different channel per case.
2. set each midiChFilter to receive Any channel (from Cubase host menu) --optional
3. set each midiChFilter to read from Nora
4. set each VSTi to read from the respective midiChFilter 1-8.
5. set each VSTi's input channel in the Cubase to be the same as the channel chosen in midiChFilter.
6. (if required by the VSTi): set the input channel in the VSTi GUI to be the same as the one set in Cubase.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Squaredheads”