No sound whatsoever in Reaper when using Nora

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
Casharelle
KVRer
2 posts since 17 Dec, 2017

Post Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Nora in Reaper v5.70 and experiencing issues.

I have MIDI tracks routed to my instruments that play just fine, until I add an instance of Nora to FX. Then, no matter what I do, that track just will not play any sound. I can add notes in Nora or load patterns...Nothing. If I remove the instance of Nora my MIDI items immediately begin to play again.

I thought it might be an issue with routing so I followed the basic YouTube tutorial to get Nora installed and working. Even with a single track running Nora as first FX, followed by ReaSynth or another simple instrument, I get zero sound. My chords play perfectly until I add the instance of Nora, then silence.

I'd appreciate any assistance or advice here. Thanks!

~Casharelle

squaredheads
KVRian
623 posts since 8 Apr, 2014

Re: No sound whatsoever in Reaper when using Nora

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 am

Hi Casharelle,

I just tried Reaper 5.70 (x64) with Nora 2.56 (x64) and ReaSynth in Windows 7 and works fine. Which are your system specs?

Thanks for your support

Casharelle
KVRer
2 posts since 17 Dec, 2017

Re: No sound whatsoever in Reaper when using Nora

Post Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:23 am

Thanks for the fast response.

After several hours of banging my head against the wall on this one, I found a solution. Opening up the Pattern Editor and setting the MIDI Input from "1" to "All" got it working.

I was confused as to why this was, as it needed the same change even in a brand new project following the steps from the "How to Install" video on YouTube.

Still, all good now.

Return to “Squaredheads”