How do I get Nora to work in Reason 10?

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
DANW547
KVRer
1 posts since 2 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 am

I noticed there are no tutorials for this anywhere on the net, does anyone know how?

Thanks

starflakeprj
KVRian
856 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Re: How do I get Nora to work in Reason 10?

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:59 am

You don't, since Reason won't accept MIDI from VST plugins.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Arturia AudioFuse | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 4.1 | Reason 10.2 | Bitwig Studio 2.4 | Reaper 5.95 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20 | 460+ VSTs | 170+ Rack Extensions

Lempface
KVRist
70 posts since 29 Nov, 2004 from Beyond the Realms of Death

Re: How do I get Nora to work in Reason 10?

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm

This can be done with a little extra work.

First you need MIDI loopback. I'm using LoopMidi.

Second you need a VST host like Bidule, or DDMF Metaplugin, or Image-Line Minihost modular (free but buggy in reason).

Third you need a VST that can output to external MIDI devices like Reaktor, or in Bidule there are built in MIDI device out bidules.

Fourth set up one of the midi loopback ports as a controller in Reason and then lock the synth you want to control to that midi loopback port.

Next, host your MIDI producing VST in Bidule, route the MIDI in to the VST inside Bidule, then route the midi out to a MIDI device out that matches your loopback midi port. Then you should be controlling the Reason synth with the MIDI out VST.

I can make a more in depth tutorial if you're interested. I made a tutorial for multitimbral VSTs on Reasontalk, but it wasn't well received so I'm not going to take the time unless you ask me to. https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... &t=7505340

Return to “Squaredheads”