Differences between Mixbus and Mixbus 32C?

Official support for: harrisonconsoles.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't see the usual comparison table on your site, so what are the key differences between the two versions, differences that account for the big difference in price?

I am interested in Mixbus because I might switch to Linux by the time W7 support ends. Could I simply transfer existing projects made in W7 to the new Linux computer? Or would my Toneboosters and other external plugins no longer work?

Hi there, I'm sorry for the late response!

Regarding the differences in Mixbus and 32C, the only 2 differences are:

1)Channelstrip EQ:
The Mixbus EQ was specifically designed by Harrison to match our historical records of user's settings. 90% of EQ jobs can be handled with a 3band sweepable eq, and a high-pass filter. There are a few cases where you might need to add a plugin EQ, to solve a specific need.

The Mixbus32C EQ is a recreation of our analog 32-Series EQ, which has 4 bands ( the top bands can be switched from shelving to peaking ), and both high- and low- pass filters. The 32C EQ requires a larger monitor, to fit all the controls on-screen. But feature-wise and sound-wise, it meets nearly any need for equalization; you would rarely if ever need to add an additional EQ.

2) Buses:
Mixbus provides 8 stereo mix-buses, with send-levels on every channel strip. We expect this to meet the needs of users who are mixing 8-24 channels.

Mixbus32C provides 12 stereo mix-buses, with send-level knobs on every channel strip. This provides more grouping and effects buses, and allow you to manage a larger mix than the regular Mixbus.

----

Regarding your switch to Linux: Very few commercial plugins are available on Linux, so if you use a lot of plugins in your session, you probably won't be able to recreate the exact setup on Linux. You might consider Mac instead, because most VST plugins for windows are also available as VST's for Mac.

Mixbus requires much fewer plugins than a regular DAW, and it comes with some very good bundled plugins for mixing; so if you are careful with your plugin choices you can share sessions fairly easily across Mac, Windows and Linux.

I hope this helps!
-Ben

$220

No problem, I am in no hurry :)
Thanks for the info.
Hard to believe that those two differences alone account for such a huge difference in price. That must be one heck of an eq :hihi:

Why does one have to enter all that personal data just in order to try the demo? :?

I'm about to try Mixbus because of the current special, but Ardour already does most of Mixbus does, right? I'm a long time Ardour user but I really like the idea of eq in the channel strip, but I don't want to run a channelstrip plugin as such.
Don't bother me, I'm encoding midi data

sudo play --synth ~/music/loud

Can I please have a Keystep Pro?

guys its really works good? and can be used witch lan, i mean 2-3 computers?

It REALLY is handy having EQ in every channel.. and I've found it's only a very few windows plugins that DON'T work on Linux (I use yabridge). Of course someone's dealbreaking plugin may be one of the ones that DOESN'T work but probably 90% of the ones I've tried work perfectly. (I can't get Waves or Positive Grid plugins to work and I generally avoid ilok for other reasons - though I did get it to work).

I thought Harrison Mixbus also does not have Varispeed recording?

Return to “Harrison Mixbus”