[SOLVED] Selecting a different external input

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Host AU looks to be the very thing I've been searching for for some time. I have a question though:

I have an interface that has multiple inputs, but only the "default" input shows up:

In Logic Pro X, for example, I get a number of options:

I think the difference is that Host AU is only showing the stereo input. I need access to the mono inputs. Am I missing something?
Last edited by vinspee on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, you're not missing anything, but just Hosting AU is designed in that way to use only with stereo pair of channels (more or less to keep the simple interface). Only exception is that it accepts mono channel plugins. In that case the mono channel signal will flow also on the right channel too to be virtually stereo after the plugin.

I have a test plugin myself that simply connects inputted left channel to both left and right channels of output. You can download it here in case if that helps: https://ju-x.com/downloads/Left2ST.zip

Usage:
You may insert it just after the input selector, so that the mono input (but it must be through left channel though) will be virtually stereo all after that.

Thank you, I have done as you suggest and that works fine for my use case. Thank you so much!

Glad to hear that :) Left2ST has no own GUI. It should consume nearly nothing.

And, it has a simple gain control that changes nothing if you set to 1.0 though. For people who wish to control each track's volume via MIDI CC, it may be usable for now.

Return to “Ju-X”