Anything new? Yes, a new looper plugin!

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

btw. what DAW would you mostly use this with?
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

Reaper and Live.

Thanks again for the valuable input and feedback.
Multiple inputs/outputs for tracks and routing are very easy to do in Reaper indeed. I'm always amazed at how much power that DAW has, for the price they ask for it. I can set up a track to have 4 channels and route stuff to and from it pretty easily.
It's kind of more limited in Live where tracks can have max. 2 channels afaik. But that doesn't really change it much.
Routing audio to the inputs should be the same I guess.

I don't have any plugins that have multiple inputs, so it's hard to test. This needs a bit of R&D I guess :)
ju-x.com
It's catching the wave:)

Hello,
you asked for some input for your upcoming Looper Plugin, here it is:
Beside of the looper functionality there also should a simple recording function for a stereo audio track that is synced to the DAW, that plays back exactly were it was recorded.
This AU could be very very useful in DAWs like Numerology were you have no possibility to freeze Audio in place to save CPU.
best
jue

PS: were could I find the last Version of the frosting Plug IN?
Located in the European Outback

jue wrote:Hello,
you asked for some input for your upcoming Looper Plugin, here it is:
Beside of the looper functionality there also should a simple recording function for a stereo audio track that is synced to the DAW, that plays back exactly were it was recorded.
This AU could be very very useful in DAWs like Numerology were you have no possibility to freeze Audio in place to save CPU.
best
jue

PS: were could I find the last Version of the frosting Plug IN?
Does it mean a kind of retro-recorder that keeps recording with a looping buffer?

For PS: you can always get the fresh latest Frosting from Ju-X website => http://ju-x.com/frosting.html ;)

Does it mean a kind of retro-recorder that keeps recording with a looping buffer?
No, but this would also be a great idea.

What I am looking for is a plain recording function like in every track of a normal DAW.
You are somewhere in your project, put in the plugin, start the transport and hit record and the plugin is recording till you hit stop. It has to to keep the information were the recording was stored and were it has to start the playback. You rewind your DAW before the recording point and the plugin should playback the audio file in the right place. This should be possible for several recordings in the same track.
Think of having a track with a lot of CPU hungry FX plugins like IRverbs, that could been deleted or switched off after the recording to free CPU for more.
As an example have a look at cubase there is a function called render or recording in place
best
jue

Hello,
found a video here about the render in place in cubase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8U4NdBh20s
best
jue

Hi jue,

I think I've got what the features are, but couldn't get how it saves cpu more than you let Cubase do it. The looper may have a near feature though it won't be intended for technically unlimited length to be recorded.

If I still don't get your idea well, please add more inputs!

sinkmusic wrote:Hi,
Here are several suggestions :
- multitrack
- polyrhytmic (allowing different loop lenghts)
- time stretching
- transpose
- half speed/twice speed
- start/end point editing
- multi-out
- internal effects slots
- vst hosting
- resampling (sample the input, process the loop : time-strething, start/end trimming, applying FX, and then resampling)
- granular processing

... The somewhat hybrid son between Live's looper, BCA Late Replies, Tonecarver TC Stretch, ToneCarver GrainMaker, ToneCarver TCRegen and SoopaDoopaLoopa and The Mangle :)
Great suggestions. Multiple inputs would be useful too.

Hello,

Cubase was only the example how it should work, the plugin should be for hosts like Numerology and others that do not have all this features.
best
jue

just an other remark,
even the smaller Cubase versions would benefit from this plugin because only the biggest Cubase version has all this features, so all Artist, Le, AI and you name it version users could be your customers.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Great suggestions. Multiple inputs would be useful too.
Yes, I'm thinking the count of input/output should be around 8.

jue wrote:even the smaller Cubase versions would benefit from this plugin because only the biggest Cubase version has all this features, so all Artist, Le, AI and you name it version users could be your customers.
There will be a way to bounce a portion of loop into another looper and this will save some cpu use. But it's what happens within looper plugin, and not sure how far it is from the render in place feature though...

Topic updated :)

Distorted Horizon wrote:Topic updated :)
Thank you!! :tu:

Return to “Ju-X”