apTrigga3 - Changing Samples per Song

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I'm programming electronics in Ableton (Session View) for a live set and would like to move away from running triggers through an SPD-SX. I was pointed in the direction of apTrigga3 by a very high-level playback tech who praised it due to it's zero latency.

I've loaded it up, am receiving impulses, and am outputting samples. The one thing I haven't figured out, though, is how to switch from one sample to the next for each song. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi eldowns,

As of now we consider switching presets per song or during songs the responsibility of the host application. If you have multiple song files in your host they can obviously contain different apTrigga3 patches. However I guess you want to switch presets on the fly. For the time being this can be achieved by creating multiple apTrigga3 instances and using host routing and/or host plugin bypass to enable one of the instances at a time. This makes sure the sample information is already loaded into memory.

We are debating currently how to add switching patches via midi messages which might help you, but will only be available in a future update.

Return to “apulSoft”