any way to run two versions?

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I just noticed I've been using an old version 3.0.5 and the updates look massive, including 'improving timing accuracy' and the such.

I use aptrigga in most my projects for years and I spend considerable time sample delaying for phase/transient preference. I'm nervous to update without going through my projects and rendering, which could be time consuming.

I'm very interested in the updates though.

Is there any possible way to rename it and run two versions or something?

First of all, I recommend to wait two weeks or so as the next update is close and it brings more new stuff when it comes to timing including built-in transient aligning.

Running two versions at the same time is not possible in most cases as the way plugins are loaded and identified won't allow that.

If you switch from 3.0.5 to 3.6.2 (or the soon to be released 3.7.0) there indeed might me tiny differences in the results coming from bugs fixed over the years. If you need absolute sample-accurate consistency, then the fastest way to go back and forth would be to keep the installers around and just install the version you need at the moment. If you need an older installer, let me know using the website contact form.

However minute differences in the audio might also come from any other software you update on your system. I think this is rarely talked about, but obviously every audio bug fixed in any of the software used will have a chance to slightly alter the final output. If things need to preserved exactly as is for future mixdowns, the only reliable way would be bouncing as many of the algorithms used as possible.

Pflugshaupt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:24 am First of all, I recommend to wait two weeks or so as the next update is close and it brings more new stuff when it comes to timing including built-in transient aligning.

Running two versions at the same time is not possible in most cases as the way plugins are loaded and identified won't allow that.

If you switch from 3.0.5 to 3.6.2 (or the soon to be release 3.7.0) there indeed might me tiny differences in the results coming from bugs fixed over the years. If you need absolute sample-accurate consistency, then the fastest way to go back and forth would be to keep the installers around and just install the version you need at the moment. If you need an older installer, let me know using the website contact form.

However minute differences in the audio might also come from any other software you update on your system. I think this is rarely talked about, but obviously every audio bug fixed in any of the software used will have a chance to slightly alter the final output. If things need to prevented exactly as is for future mixdowns, the only reliable way would be bouncing as many of the algorithms used as possible.
Thanks for the info. I'll just wait for the next update and in the meantime render my tracks with the old version, something I should be doing anyways. It's no big deal I just wanted to check if that was a possibility.

Return to “apulSoft”