Automating the shakuhachi "Drive"

Official support for: premiersoundfactory.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am just starting to use the Shakuhachi Premier G product, but I seem to have a problem when trying to attach a MIDI controller to the "Drive" knob.

So, in Kontakt Player I select "Automation" and "MIDI Automation", and I drag the controller I want to use (in this case CC20) over the shakuhachi GUI "Drive" knob, but each time I try to do this, the controller is instead attached to the "Legato" button. If I drag beneath the "Drive" knob the controller is attached to a reverb setting, so is there perhaps a problem with the way the GUI has been set up so that the drag-and-drop area defined for the "Legato" button is too large?

Thank you.

Hi PaulSh,
You can assign any midi cc with simply right click knob on Kontakt. I believe it will go well.
Thank you.
Ichiro

Hi Ichiro-san,

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately when I right-click on the Drive control and ask it to learn a controller, the controller is assigned to the Legato button and not the Drive.

Hi Paul,
Humm, we do not code any script around the midi cc, so I do not understand the situation.
Do you have other knobs on your key? Could you set 1 is for legato and 1 is another with right-click?

Hi Ichiro-san,

The only thing that works is to automate the Drive control from my DAW. It's not ideal but at least it is a workaround of sorts.

Anyway, thank you for your kind attention, and I hope you and everyone important to you remains happy and healthy through these difficult times!

Thank you so much Paul.
Stay healthy and keep safe too!

Return to “Premier Sound Factory”