Automating the shakuhachi "Drive"

Official support for: premiersoundfactory.com
PaulSh
KVRer
3 posts since 27 Mar, 2020

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:05 am

I am just starting to use the Shakuhachi Premier G product, but I seem to have a problem when trying to attach a MIDI controller to the "Drive" knob.

So, in Kontakt Player I select "Automation" and "MIDI Automation", and I drag the controller I want to use (in this case CC20) over the shakuhachi GUI "Drive" knob, but each time I try to do this, the controller is instead attached to the "Legato" button. If I drag beneath the "Drive" knob the controller is attached to a reverb setting, so is there perhaps a problem with the way the GUI has been set up so that the drag-and-drop area defined for the "Legato" button is too large?

Thank you.

ichiro
KVRist
63 posts since 18 Aug, 2017 from South of Tokyo

Re: Automating the shakuhachi "Drive"

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:30 pm

Hi PaulSh,
You can assign any midi cc with simply right click knob on Kontakt. I believe it will go well.
Thank you.
Ichiro

PaulSh
KVRer

Post Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Hi Ichiro-san,

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately when I right-click on the Drive control and ask it to learn a controller, the controller is assigned to the Legato button and not the Drive.

ichiro
KVRist

Post Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:12 am

Hi Paul,
Humm, we do not code any script around the midi cc, so I do not understand the situation.
Do you have other knobs on your key? Could you set 1 is for legato and 1 is another with right-click?

PaulSh
KVRer

Post Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:09 am

Hi Ichiro-san,

The only thing that works is to automate the Drive control from my DAW. It's not ideal but at least it is a workaround of sorts.

Anyway, thank you for your kind attention, and I hope you and everyone important to you remains happy and healthy through these difficult times!

ichiro
KVRist

Post Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Thank you so much Paul.
Stay healthy and keep safe too!

Return to “Premier Sound Factory”