TubiLeSax previous tests

Official support for: nusofting.com
KVRAF
2202 posts since 7 Jul, 2003 from Huntington, WV

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:42 am

Expect a new release with perfect tuned waveforms still today.
Is this the 0-92 version?

Banned

Topic Starter

5103 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:54 am

Nope, it will be 0.93 ;)

Wk

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:17 pm

NEW UPDATE 0.93 with tuned and re-looped samples

That was an incredible job, but for future works we know what to do and it will be much faster. Sorry all for all the problems with tuning and so many wrong SoundSet updates. It could happen that we missed something yet, but we double checked here and sounds just perfect. :D

Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (aka Liqih)

KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:22 pm

I tried to run the 0.93 setup, but I got a "file corrupted" notice, and the installation stopped there. I'm going to wipe this file off my machine, purge my internet cache, reboot my machine, and try again. Hopefully it was something other than a corrupted file on your site.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:53 pm

:D Version 0.93 works now, and it's in tune! :D

I haven't checked absolute tuning with a quartz tuner, or with any software tools, but all the sax voices are now in tune with each other. They track each other splendidly.

Note: In my eagerness to test 0.93, I think I was downloading at the very same moment you were uploading, or something like that. When I downloaded it again, the directory listing on your site said it was twice as large as the previous time. :oops:

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:56 pm

Ahhhh, I'm glad is working now. ;) And thanxs for pushing this over, is really important, honest. :D We are happy when things are good.

Wk

DASH Guy
7650 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:17 pm

I assume you mean the "McLilith TubiLeSax Demo #1" ?
yes
This was a hastily reworked snippet of something that I had done earlier, before the benefit of VSTi's. I wasn't sure about this version, except that it did seem to highlight Tubi fairly well. I'm glad you liked it! hail: :

great work on the bass part, melody is intereseting too, do you have a MIDI file of it?
With what I have in mind, each sample set would need it's own pitch correction scale, the Alto would need a different pitch correction scale than the Tenor, for example. Of course, all samples would share a common set of temperament scales.

sorry it wouldn't work for that, since the Scale feature tunes the intervals
per octave: 11 values, while the samples got different tuning on keyzones,

e.g G3 is tuned and G4 is not, the Scale file would correct all G notes the same, but the poblem of multisample is that source sample changes with zones relative to sample root which depends on which note from the original intruments was sampled.

The correct way is to have all the samples tuned to Equal Tempered scale, then to use Scale values to change intonation of the intervals for expressive purpose.

So the tune (with Scale intonation to Equal Tempered, Pitch Deviaton off,
Vibrato off, Chorus off, Glide off) must be as perfect as possible, that's what we woked on, and you guys will tell if it's good enough <grin>
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:53 pm

Hy guys, we are working on adding a flute sample too, we just need to tweak a bit the samples we got here in order to work better.

Wk

KVRAF

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:08 pm

Hy guys, we are working on adding a flute sample too, we just need to tweak a bit the samples we got here in order to work better.
Will it have some of the chiff, chirp, and breath sounds of a real flute? If it's as interesting as your sax sounds, I look forward to hearing it, whatever you put into it. :D

later,
McLilith

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:37 pm

We just uploaded a file Flute-Sounds.zip - just extract it to the "Sax Data\" directory. Is a really simple flute sound, but it does the trick. ;)

With time we plan to release more professional soundsets.

Regards, WilliamK

KVRAF
2119 posts since 14 Jun, 2002 from Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:35 pm

Sounds better, but D5 thru A5 are still noisy for some reason...this is with all the latest updates installed...
Last edited by Ford Prefect on Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:45 pm

Ford Prefect wrote:Sounds better, but D5 thru A5 are still noist for some reason...this is with all the latest updates installed...
The problem is in the samples. We plan to sample more in the future. :D

Regards, WilliamK

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:11 pm

NEW UPDATE 0.94

- Fixed some loop isues on the flute sound (if you just want to update the flute sound, download only the update ZIP file)

- Added Pedal-Sustain option (CC 64 or 0x40)

- Small isues fixed

This week-end we will the presets too.

Best Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (Liqih)

pHz
The Teach
8266 posts since 23 Jul, 2002 from flatness

Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:43 am

ok - just got round to trying 0-94 and got a wierd bugette

i have a set of presets ive made [with the new version to avoid any incompatibilities with older betas] - ive noticed that when switching presets i sometimes [about 2 out of 3 id guess] get a wierd chorussing / detune effect as if the instrument is playing back both the old AND the new preset but slightly out of time / tune with each other

it sounds like this -

http://www.experimentfour.dsl.pipex.com ... ge-bug.mp3

i thought this might be a tracktion thing - but it happens in bidule and massiva too [even when the preset is saved from WITHIN those 2 apps also]

if anyone else wants to check this in other hosts [please do] - heres a small bank of [4] presets that consistently show this behaviour for me -

http://www.experimentfour.dsl.pipex.com ... -test2.fxb

whats EVEN wierder is that only one thing will cure this problem - moving any other slider or control has NO effect - but once i move the 'glide' slider down to zero and then back again to its original setting - the new preset plays perfectly - this happens [afaict] whether the vst is set to legato / alterne / retrigger AND when the glide is set to zero in the preset anyway [as in the 'saxoncrack' preset in that little bank above]

ideas ???

apart from that the new version is peachy [the flute is sounding pretty good too]

slainte :? rob

pHz
The Teach
8266 posts since 23 Jul, 2002 from flatness

Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:55 pm

bump ???

slainte :P rob

Return to “NUSofting”