TubiLeSax previous tests

Official support for: nusofting.com
DASH Guy
7651 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:50 am

Hi Rob, William will look that Glide code, I think it's a problem of mutisample update switching presets, since Glide feature uses samples
differently form normal playing,

thanks for the report
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

Banned

Topic Starter

5103 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:12 am

Don't worry, I'm into it. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

pHz
The Teach
8266 posts since 23 Jul, 2002 from flatness

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:30 am

:)

slainte :P rob

KVRAF
4098 posts since 21 Oct, 2001 from my bolthole in the south pacific

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:15 am

Tubi 0.93 seems pretty stable in Logic 5.5.1 Platinum.

I have just one problem and that is hanging notes. I am getting hanging notes that won't quit with one of my tracks.

It seems that returning the song posiction to the beginning of a sequence or part while a note is playing leaves a note hanging. Once it starts it is hard to stop without reinitialising Tubi -- eg select Prog 1 from the patch menu.

Regards,
Eg

KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:41 am

0.94 has not fixed the hanging notes problem I reported in Logic.

Interrupting a sustained note by returning to beginnging of song will leave a hanging note.

Regards,
Eg

KVRAF
2119 posts since 14 Jun, 2002 from Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:14 am

the way .94 is going...Alto sax, Alto sax velocity, and Flute play tapping sounds that sound like a person walking when I play successive notes with any relative speed...:( I tried manipulating settings to clean it up , but it didn't help...
The tenor sax sounds really flat...
Alto sax II is by far the cleanest and most usable sample set...:)...she's the only one that I could use convincingly without gritting my teeth over the above mentioned issues...

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:50 pm

We will check the problem on hanging-notes, thanxs.

We also found some more problems related to noise, check EMM last post.

Regards, WilliamK

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:51 pm

NEW UPDATE 0.95

We just uploaded a total new update for TubiLeSax.

- Ford: About the "tap" sounds - I may be talking crazy, but isn't the KEY sounds you are hearing? Or is something else? I can't hear hear, mind to send me a mp3 file? ;)

- The note-hangs, is that solved on 0.95? If not, please, could you send me a MIDI file to test it out?

- Fixed, when using Body-Deviation, the filter doesn't jump too fast. An extra smoth-filter were used in the frequency-input.

- The new update includes a complete manual, please, read it. It has important info on how to operate the synth.

Best Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (Liqih)

KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:28 pm

No, Will...sorry I forgot to mention...keys was turned all the way down...I think it's an envelope/loop point issue again...try a ditty with even eigth notes and it sounds like there's a ghost walking in your attic...Call me picky, but this is an unwanted sound that occurs during normal use...with .95
Last edited by Ford Prefect on Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 4:45 pm

I noticed a bit, is just on the Flute sounds right? Is the samples. For now I will have to leave like that, but we will see if we can get more samples for a future upgrade. Thanxs.

Regards, Wk

KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:28 pm

WilliamK wrote:I noticed a bit, is just on the Flute sounds right?
flute, alto sax, and alto sax velocity

KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:38 pm

WilliamK wrote:NEW UPDATE 0.95

- The note-hangs, is that solved on 0.95? If not, please, could you send me a MIDI file to test it out?
No the issue is still there with 0.95.

It may be something peculiar about the midi sequence that was playing as I am not getting the probem with some new seqences I record while playing Tubi

I will experiment some more and try to send you a version of the midi track that was causing the problem.

Regards,
Egbert

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:19 am

egbert wrote:I will experiment some more and try to send you a version of the midi track that was causing the problem.
Thanxs, I will sure apreciate. Its much easier for me when I can replicate easly the problem, so I can track down what went wrong. I tried looking the code over and over yesterday, and even tested it out a bit. But so far I can't see any problems. But it doesn't mean that there is no problem, I just can't find right now. ;)

Wk

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 9:21 am

Ford Prefect wrote:
WilliamK wrote:I noticed a bit, is just on the Flute sounds right?
flute, alto sax, and alto sax velocity
Right, sorry, I read your post too fast. :oops: Question, do you still hear the taping sounds with the new 0.2 version?

Wk

KVRAF

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:57 pm

WilliamK wrote:Question, do you still hear the taping sounds with the new 0.2 version?
Do you mean .95? yes...I still hear it in .95

Return to “NUSofting”