TubiLeSax previous tests

Official support for: nusofting.com
Banned

Topic Starter

5103 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:59 am

Ford Prefect wrote:the way .94 is going...Alto sax, Alto sax velocity, and Flute play tapping sounds that sound like a person walking when I play successive notes with any relative speed...
Ford, do you mind sending me a FXP and MIDI file so I can hear what you mean? Sorry to ask for that, but here I can't figure out what you mean, and why it sounds like that...

Also, tomorrow the synth is about to be released, so I need to know all the isues and features to still be on this version. Otherwise we will have to leave for the next version.

Best Regards, WilliamK

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:20 am

egbert wrote:No the issue is still there with 0.95.
It may be something peculiar about the midi sequence that was playing as I am not getting the probem with some new seqences I record while playing Tubi
Do you mind sending me the project or MIDI file so I can test here? I can't reproduce this, and I need to, so I can fix it. ;)

Regards, Wk

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:22 am

Ford, also, are you using Retriger or Legato? On Retriger mode, playing kinda fast does a bad sound, but that's why we did the Legato and Alterne modes. ;)

Wk

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:47 am

Ford, we found the problem, but is only on the retriger mode. We will fix this asap and send the update. Also, there is some new features on the synth, stay tunned. ;)

Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (Liqih)

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:15 pm

BTW: I just found that Decay should also follow the Velocity switch. I will fix that and upload a new file latter.

It will work like this. When Velocity is set to max, a hard note makes the ADSR goes up and down to sustain. If the note is soft, it doesn't do that.

Wk

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:38 pm

NEW UPDATE 0.97

Some good news here. We found the problem Ford was commenting on. Now the Retriger/Legato/Alterne is used to set if the SAMPLE mode, the Envelopes are all in LEGATO mode. This way we can prevent some problems, and also makes more sense for this instrument, since is monophonic. Otherwise it would have problems, since you are on SUSTAIN and request an ATTACK on the envelope, and it needs to lower the volume to go on ATTACK mode. Anyway, now it sounds better.

There is now two new faders on the GUI, VelocityAttack and Decay. Check this out.

I also included some presets in this version.

Now on 0.97 I made the Velocity to Attack LOG instead of LINEAR, also the same Velocity switch changes the DECAY volume. So if you set it to MAX, on soft keys there will be no DECAY, the ATTACK will go to the SUSTAIN level instead. Much nicer. ;)

For V1.0 we will use the current samples, they are not the best, but they are not bad at all. As soon as we have a budget from sales of V1.0 we can rent the studio to sample more and better samples.

Best Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (Liqih)

max
KVRist
255 posts since 10 Apr, 2003

Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:52 pm

thanks William... got it installed from the 94 and updated to the 97... just played in chainer and got to 3 instances loaded and sounding great....

not the heaviest of tests but there were no prob's here at all....

I sent you the chainer preset I saved of this set up in case you want to have some extra fun with Tuble... sort of a Sax section thing... pretty darn kewl.... :)

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:35 am

ABOUT THE RELEASE

Hello guys, thanxs all for the help and tests so far. Here is what is going to happen. Latter today we will release TubiLeSax 1.0 LITE version for 39.95U$, users who ALLREADY PreOrdered it will also get the PRO versions free, but not users that order after this message is posted. ;) The LITE version will have (EDIT) 5 SoundSets (the ones from beta-testing: 3 Alto saxs, 1 Tenor, 1 Flute) - the PRO version will have more professional SoundSets that we will start working on the next week, for a final price of 99.95U$ (You can PreOrder the 100U$ Voucher with a good discount).

So resuming:

- Lite version due to today (August-08) with (EDIT) 5 SoundSets - 39.95U$
- Pro version due to next month with several NEW soundsets with a even better quality.
- Those who ALLREADY got a voucher for TubiLeSax, will still get the PRO version FREE. But only those who PreOrdered BEFORE this message was posted.

Hope this is all clear.

Best Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (Liqih)

KVRAF
3404 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:22 pm

So if we've pre-ordered but we want the PRO version, should we wait for it or can we get the LITE version in the meantime? It sounds like that's the case, but I want to make sure.

If that is the case, what should I do to convert my pre-order into a TubiLeSax ticket?

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:24 pm

Just email me at orders@dashsignature.com with your Voucher ID, and yes, you can get from your PreOrder Lite now and Pro latter. We will also give a Discount to those who order Lite now and want Pro latter. :wink:

Best Regards, WilliamK

KVRAF
2119 posts since 14 Jun, 2002 from Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:23 pm

:o Being on the other side of the world...the time diffference...I know you already released it, but I tested her anyway...definitely smoother...Sorry to be late getting back in here...

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:25 pm

:lol: We just release the LITE version today. We will keep working with you guys on the PRO version now. ;) Just check the other thread.

Monday we will contact the users who got the FREE version of TubiLeSax for the Beta-Testing. ;)

Best Regards, WilliamK

max
KVRist
255 posts since 10 Apr, 2003

Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:01 pm

William plz do contact me... but I will be out of town again for another week starting monday... so don't be surprised if I can't reply for a week... there is no electricity where I am going, much less any isp lines... LOL see you after that time

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 6:22 pm

FREE TUBILESAX FOR BETA-TESTERS

Hello guys. I just send the FREE copy of TubiLeSax to some beta-testers. 4 users still haven't emailed me theyre usernames, so I can't send the copy. 2 users never posted anything on the forum.

If you don't receive the email with the FREE copy information (shows as DashSignature ORDER on the Subject) email me at wk@dashsignature.com - the email may got lost on the way.

Best Regards, WilliamK

KVRAF
3404 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:25 pm

So I guess I won't be getting a free copy since I already bought it! :wink:

Return to “NUSofting”