TubiLeSax previous tests

Official support for: nusofting.com
KVRAF
3406 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:46 pm

0.89 fixes the Tracktion loading issue, but the Reverber is still causing birds to take flight. I think from now on any TubiLeSax testing will be done with a limiter on the project... :o

EDIT: I also just noticed that my CPU is being pinned. I'm going to close/reload to see what's going on. It's a project with four instances of TubiLeSax - one of which has just had its reverber explode.

EDIT 2: However, now after the reverber explodes, that instance of TubiLeSax will continue to play, which is an improvement...

Banned

Topic Starter

5103 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:57 pm

pough wrote:0.89 fixes the Tracktion loading issue, but the Reverber is still causing birds to take flight.
Ohh, ok, I will have to dig more on that. Could you tell me exactly what you do to make the loud-explosion-noise? So is easier for me to track the problem down. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

KVRAF

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:01 pm

http://www.joshgemmell.com/Content/Zip/ ... x%2001.rar

In that Cubase SL project, it's when the fourth instance kicks in. In Tracktion it's when the third one does.

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:04 pm

Thanxs a lot for the file, it explodes here too, so is good, I can track the problem down. :D

Tomorrow morning I will go back there and see what's going on.

Regards, WilliamK

KVRAF
2203 posts since 7 Jul, 2003 from Huntington, WV

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:28 pm

Thanxs a lot for the file, it explodes here too, so is good, I can track the problem down.

Tomorrow morning I will go back there and see what's going on.
I tried the file in a demo version of Cubase SX (not exactly the same host, I know). I don't have all the same effects plugins that the file calls for.

I can't say if that's the reason, but this Cubase project file doesn't crash or do anything ill when I play it. Could it possibly have anything to do with those other (non-Tubi) plugins being used in that project file?

For reference, I'm running:

CPU: Athlon 1800+ XP
RAM: 256 MB PC133 SDRAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon 7000
Sound Card: Diamond MX-300 (Aureal2 chipset)

later,
McLillith

KVRer
8 posts since 27 Jul, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:45 pm

Until now and with version 089 i did not ran into any troubles. But today i will be putting the strenght on and i will test it thouroughly. I will do that first with SONAR 2.2 and then Project5 1.0.1. And finish it with SONAR2, Project 5 as a rewire device and TubiLeSax in Project 5.

In the meantime i can play Saxophone again. However nothing compares to the real thing.

Keep on grooving

pHz
The Teach
8266 posts since 23 Jul, 2002 from flatness

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:17 am

yup - i can confirm the tracktion fix too [also works for the 2.14 update of daAlfa2k btw :) ]

will try the reverb thing here later and report back

slainte :P rob

pHz
The Teach

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:26 am

re - the reverb bug

been checking it out and i think it must be one of those annoying intermittent things - ive had it happen ONCE with 1.0 0.89 in tracktion - when the 6th instance of tubilesax [reverb ON in all instances though under different patches] kicked in - cue VERY loud white noise [is this what youre hearing ??? ] - deleting and reloading that instance of the plugin [with the same patch loaded] cured the problem and multiple playback stop and starts later i cant get it to repeat [as of yet]

wierd

Last edited by pHz on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer
8 posts since 27 Jul, 2003 from Netherlands

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:09 am

Good work done by DashSignature.

I could discover no bugs.

It sounds like a saxophone, almost the real thing.

In the lower parts of the tones, TubiLeClav does the best thing.

I can say, now i have a saxophone back.

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:23 pm

New Update 0.90

We are terrible sorry for all the explosion noises, say sorry to your birds pough! :oops:

I finally found the REAL problem, it wasn't on the reverber code, since turning it off you can still hear a SPIKE on the waveform, a loud one.

The problem was inside my new Wavetable code (EVE, EMM and TubiLeSax only for now) and I was able to fix it.

Should run smoth, and the good thing, this error could be introducing some "clicks" on the sound too.

Best Regards, WilliamK and Luigi Felici (aka Liqih)

KVRAF

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:02 pm

The explosion is gone! Nice work, William.

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:05 am

That's great! Thanxs.

Today I will take a closer look on loop points on the files, to be sure about Ford problems. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

pHz
The Teach

Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:50 am

on that subject william - its not just ford - there is DEFINITELY something odd going on with some notes if you hold them

try a c3 held for about 4 seconds on alto or alto velocity soundsets - theres a low buzz / constant clicking in there [especially on headphones]

this isnt noticable in normal use since you rarely hold a single note in isolation like this - but it WILL contribute to unwanted noise in your track

Banned

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:55 am

I agree, is not Ford's ears! :lol: The problem is there, I just have to see if I can fix it. :P

Regards, WilliamK

pHz
The Teach

Post Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:04 am

heehee !!!

we have faith in you william !!!

now - get back to work !!!
:D :D :P

Return to “NUSofting”