TubiLeSax questions

Official support for: nusofting.com
KVRAF
3411 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:58 pm

This should give you a slight idea of how it sounds. Rest assured, however, that someone who actually knows what they are doing will be able to make it sound better. Very minimal tweaking on this. Used some stock MIDI files from Buzzwood.com to test it. On the last phrase you can hear the keys clicking a little. I love that!

Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:18 am

pough wrote:This should give you a slight idea of how it sounds. Rest assured, however, that someone who actually knows what they are doing will be able to make it sound better. Very minimal tweaking on this. Used some stock MIDI files from Buzzwood.com to test it. On the last phrase you can hear the keys clicking a little. I love that!
i can tell from that small demo that the sound is going to be quite good..what i would really LOVE to hear, if you could be bothered pough, is how the modulation/vibrato sounds on a long note..that's very important for a sax imo

KVRian

Topic Starter

1206 posts since 10 Apr, 2002 from Born, living and probably dying in Germany

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:27 am

pough wrote:This should give you a slight idea of how it sounds.
Wow, TubiLeSax sounds very nice and real. Release it as soon as possible. :D
Andreas (I presume my forefathers were apes)

Image Listen to some Monkey-Music

KVRAF
3411 posts since 3 Jan, 2003 from Vancouver

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:55 am

ttoz wrote:i can tell from that small demo that the sound is going to be quite good..what i would really LOVE to hear, if you could be bothered pough, is how the modulation/vibrato sounds on a long note..that's very important for a sax imo
I don't really know how to do that, unfortunately... :oops:

Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:24 am

just hold down a single note for say 2 bars, then about half way through flick the modulation wheel of your midi controller to full

pHz
The Teach
8266 posts since 23 Jul, 2002 from flatness

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:13 am

just as a bit of fun with a charlie parker midi file i found on the net -

this is what tubilesax sounds like in a [as bad as my usual efforts] mix - you have to wait for the solo about 1/2 way through though

scrapple from the apple

arranged and produced in tracktion using -

tubilesax beta [1.0 0.89]
daOrgan
4front e-piano
sampletank [omnisynth acoustic bass]
dr008
splashes of blockfish and roommachine844 and endorphin

slainte :P rob
Last edited by pHz on Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banned
5103 posts since 12 Jun, 2001 from Wusik Dot Com

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:36 am

Ohh man, those 2 Mp3s really shows the Sax playing, and the last one is really nice! :D Can we use those on the site?

About the Vibrato. There is a LFO on the synth, you can adjust how it will affect Pitch and Amp, also how much Delay (time) for it to start and even an Envelope-Attack so it can start slowly. Finally, the Pitch-Bender (upwards only) makes the rate of the LFO goes faster. :P

Regards, WilliamK

pHz
The Teach

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:52 am

glad you like it william !!!

[ive just uploaded a new arrangement btw - to include a bit more sax soloing and new instrumentation [including your little collab with linplug] and a slightly better production

i would be honoured to have it on your site - i guess it would be ok since the midi file i used [before it was chopped around a bit] was openly available [the only grey area would be where the site i dled it from got it - but then again there are LOADS of midi files for this particular charlie parker tune ALL over the net]

its your call

KVRAF
2203 posts since 7 Jul, 2003 from Huntington, WV

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:10 pm

i would be honoured to have it on your site - i guess it would be ok since the midi file i used [before it was chopped around a bit] was openly available [the only grey area would be where the site i dled it from got it - but then again there are LOADS of midi files for this particular charlie parker tune ALL over the net]
First, let me say that I like the piece and that it wouldn't bother me personally if William used it. However, if the truth were known, it probably does infringe on the copyrights of whoever owns the song currently. The site where you downloaded the MIDI file, quite possibly didn't get permission from the song owner to host the MIDI file. This is common on the internet. Also, perhaps you didn't get permission from both the song owner, and this web site (assuming they had permission from the owner), to modify the arrangement and publish the song yourself.

Like I say, it wouldn't bother me personally, but I wouldn't want to see either you or William in any potential legal trouble. That's the only reason for my posting this. Perhaps we should stick to original tunes for TubiLeSax demos--just to be safe?

take care,
McLilith

pHz
The Teach

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:16 pm

i am well aware of the legal issues here - which is why i have informed william about the origins of the track - i only did it as a bit of fun in the 1st place anyway

tbh - if i was william id be a bit wary

and id be happy to submit an original track if i had the musical ability to do so
:D :P :D

KVRAF
2203 posts since 7 Jul, 2003 from Huntington, WV

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 12:48 pm

Okay, I'm certainly no Charlie Parker, but I do have a simple demo file available if anyone is interested. It's my own material, and it's simply meant to show TubiLeSax, not to show my excellent skills in composition, playing, mixing, and mastering. :D

McLilith TubiLeSax Demo #1:
http://webpages.charter.net/glenweb/Tub ... eSax_1.mp3

later,
McLilith

Banned

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 2:59 pm

This is good. But post the other one, don't worry, no one is going tell who the MIDI file is from. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

KVRAF
6573 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:13 pm

just listened to the c. parker midi file ...
that's one fine piece of software you've created ...

Banned

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:22 pm

I just uploaded Harlem Nocturne, is soooo good. :D

http://www.dashsignature.com/synths/Aud ... cturne.mp3

Best Regards, WilliamK
Last edited by WilliamK on Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
6573 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:26 pm

enough already ...
i swore i wasn't going to do this , but ...

i just ordered the voucher ...
beautiful sound ...

Return to “NUSofting”