Smarter installers, please (resolved)

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In my start menu, under DashSignature, I have TubiLeSax 1.0 and TubiLeSax 1.2, even though there is really only one copy. If I uninstall the first one, it uninstalls both, but leaves the second one broken in the menu. if I don't uninstall it, but just delete the shortcut files, it still leaves the extra version in the "Add/Remove Software" part of the Control Panel.

It would be nice if newer versions overwrote older versions properly. It would be nicer, actually, if I could have the choice to not use an installer.

:)

pough wrote: It would be nice if newer versions overwrote older versions properly. It would be nicer, actually, if I could have the choice to not use an installer.

:)
yep, an installer for these seems really pointless

It got really flaky when the installers started using DashSignature.com instead of DashSynthesis (or whatever it was) and I'd end up with (at least) two versions installed at the same time. I wonder what sort of criteria the hosts used to choose the right one...

and plus, i hate start menu entried for vst plugins that are not standalone..i.e i don;'t see the point..i delete them all anyway, but Win2k gives me an error message "performing this action will affect all users using this computer' or something like that...but funnily enough it doesn't give the message on all of the start menu items i choose to delete..i have yet to see a side effect though

Oh, good point guys, we will take more carefull on this ok? :oops:

Maybe the version number shouldn't be on the GROUP directory, I will research on a better system.

Thanxs for the help.

Regards, WilliamK

No problem! I think now it's time for me to bug Luigi about the Groove Analogizer again... :D

Ttoz, we add it on the file-menu since it shows the MANUAL and other Documents related to the VST. :P

Wk

Return to “NUSofting”