New: EMM Knagalis, ethnic soft synth.

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EMM Knagalis, ethnic soft synth.

EMM Knagalis will transport you closer to the real world of ethnic instruments.

DASH Signature has released v. 1.0 of EMM Knagalis, ethnic soft synth for Windows VST Hosts.

http://www.DASHsignature.com/

Standard ROM players often give you a few substandard "ethnic" samples as an afterthought.

Knagalis EMM goes much further, taking you to the four corners of the globe.
The smart architecture and the unlimited ethnic scale modes of this VST synthesizer will open you the door to the amazing sound of ethnic instruments.

Knagalis EMM is a specialized and multi featured VSTi sample player, modeled around the structural elements of Sitar, the famous indian lute. But its sound set also includes many other ethnic stringed instruments, as
well as percussive and melodic instruments from the world stage. Instruments like Turkish Lute, Mbira (thumb piano), Santur, Shamishen. There is even a bagpipe, a wind instrument, an instrument for which Knagalis EMM is ideal, with its legato playing style and drone accompaniment. Knagalis EMM brings these instruments to life.

The Knagalis EMM structure includes three sample layers:
  • lead sound (monophonic)
  • sympathetic emulation sound (polyphonic)
  • drone sound (monophonic)
We have taken advantage of the advanced Drone and Sympatethic layers in EMM to provide many acoustic functions including buzzes, rattles, extra noise attack. Such characteristic details provide the essence of these strange and beautiful instruments. With the EMM system, ethnic flavored hybrid instruments are possible too. The Knagalis EMM library is always growing with new samples from from original instruments. Upgrades will be available at dashsignature.com

But EMM doesn't stop at the sounds. Its "Root and Scale" feature allows
the easiest implementation of ethnic scales and micro tuning ever seen in a VSTi, You choose the key you are going to play, choose a typical intonation (such as raga, african, bagpipe and more), and you are ready for a new exotic sonic adventure.

EMM Knagalis downloadable version costs 99.95 US$ and is available at DASHsignature.com (includes FREE CD and Shipping)

-Main Features-
  • Choose between sound sets for Melodic Lead, Sympathetic Resonance, Drone sound, with custom Dash sample bank.
  • Three types of Mono performance with Legato, pitch envelope and portamento.
  • Stereo Flanger and Stereo Reverb effects.
  • Micro Tuning features an easy "one click" menu to access all the original ethnic tunings you wish.
  • 99 selected ethnic scale intonations + unlimited user ones.
Full Features List:
http://www.dashsignature.com/?content=p ... rm=VST&ID=
knagalis#ID

Last edited by WilliamK on Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

yes

and its very stable to boot....:D

heaven knows i tried to crash it.. :x

can you explain to me what is better about this than ethnosphere?

just because i already have ethnosphere, ,and noticed this is $30 more expensive, and wondered why basically...

remmber, it's not that easy when you're on 56k to download a 22 mb demo :) so i rely on other people's opinions sometimes :)

It has more MODULATION possibilities, MUCH more. ;)

This price comes with a FREE CD and Shipping included, so no need to actually download it. Updates won't include the SoundSets.

But please, open a new thread for this, since doing here is not a good thing.

Regards, WilliamK

Ahh, sorry, I make a confusion. About the DEMO version, is only 7 Meg, and not 22 meg. ;)

Regards, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Ahh, sorry, I make a confusion. About the DEMO version, is only 7 Meg, and not 22 meg. ;)

Regards, WilliamK
excellent..will download now and test :D

Hi Will...

On the Dash Signature site it says " 19 SoundSets in the downloadable version." Does this mean there are more on the CD version or is this to detail features since there will be more samples available eventually...?
Upgrades will be available at dashsignature.com
I know it's very very early yet, but...any idea what these may cost...?

Oh, I will fix that. The Downloable and the CD is the same 19 SoundSets. More SoundSets will be avaliable, some will be free some will be on new collections, but they won't cost too much. We don't have a price yet, sorry.

Regards, WilliamK

what can i say, WOW WOW WOW, this is really something i was looking for (i am producing World Fusion similair to Deep Forest) ! The scales are def. unique as well as the other modulation possibilities. The only thing i complain a bit is the sound quality, for example the Sitar and Oud sound a bit muddy and i could very well hear where the different keyzones start and end. I would also pay a higher price for more quality soundsets! Keep on this VSTi, i am sure it will find a lot of buyers.

Best Regards.
XARC Mastering - The Online Audio Mastering Studio
Give Your Audio The Final Polish For Success With Proven Mastering.

thanks XARC,

we'd love to hear your compositions with EMM,

about better samples, we are researching for more to licence for EMM,
eventually even to make new recordings by our partner Back In Time Records, surely we wanna expand both the quality and the quantity of the SoundSets

nice to hear that! another company that is producing high quality samples of that kind is Ilio and Quantum Leap, maybe you could teamup. Give it a go!

Greets.
XARC Mastering - The Online Audio Mastering Studio
Give Your Audio The Final Polish For Success With Proven Mastering.

just to chime in... a few buddies have heard EMM at my place now and the overall response has been unanimous... namely, "WOW"... with a first release like this one, anything more can only be better and become totally famous! :)

hey thanks max! that helps to keep up the good mood <grin>

Return to “NUSofting”