NEW: Beta-Testing for EVE VSTi

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get a strange CPU load when I mute Chan B. When playing with only Chan A .. Performance meter in Cubase sits between 15 and 20%, but when I turn on Chan B and have Chan A and Chan B both playing .. it drops to under 10%. Mute both and you get 30% in the performance meter. 8 bit voices seems not to be looped at times. I get a crackle. Thats all I could pick up for now.

filter wrote:Hmm odd error.

Error loading DASHsnd file! Code 1 - file C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\DashSignature.com\EVE\EVE Data\Ensembles\8-Bit Vocals.DASHsnd

Beats me why it did this .. but I copied that file into the Ensembles dir and its fixed now.

Just thought you would like to know.
Ya, because SOMEBODY (we won't name names here, right William? ;) ) keeps moving sounds around in the directories. :) I got the same error last nite too. Moved it, problem fixed. I guess if we read his directions, we'd have known that though. :)

Also, denormal problem fixed as well. Woohoo!

William, what about the change in tone between multi and normal Eve?

Devon

Concerning the CP70:

The string quality on a CP70 is sometimes not very good, like an acoustic piano it depends on the used string (manufacturer, quality spreading within the production of the strings, etc.). Actually the strings are the same like in an acoustic piano, but far shorter and fewer each note.

In case of the for EVE recorded CP70 we´ve had a little bad luck with some lower keys, so I guess Luigi can tune as much as he can, it will not help too much. Though we´ve choosed the multisample as it is pretty good in general. Ironically the CP70 Hard multisample, which we´ll use for the EVE PRO version doesn´t have this problem.

If you feel that the currently used CP70 Soft should be replaced because of the bad bass string, we can do that as we have another one in the archive. But it has a slightly different sound character, maybe not so sweet like the current one.

Let me know your opinions.
http://www.backintimerecords.de
-Sound Research & Development-

Personally, I think it should be replaced if possible. I've tuned a guitar for YEARS hundreds of times, and your ear gets very acustom to what's in tune and what's not, so this drives me BONKERS :o After Luigi fiddling with it, it's better, but it's still out. G1 and down is still a very accessable range, and might drive other people nuts.

Devon

filter wrote:I get a strange CPU load when I mute Chan B. When playing with only Chan A .. Performance meter in Cubase sits between 15 and 20%, but when I turn on Chan B and have Chan A and Chan B both playing .. it drops to under 10%. Mute both and you get 30% in the performance meter. 8 bit voices seems not to be looped at times. I get a crackle. Thats all I could pick up for now.
CONFIRMED!

High wierdness with CPU usage. I'm still on 21 as I didn't have Krim's problem...If I mute B and C I bounce as high as 73% in FL Studio on a 3 note chord! When I mute A and C channel B is extremely loud(even distorted) though her volume setting is lower..and muting channels A and B, well...C has died on me again like that previous issue I couldn't repeat...Now C is definitely soundless even with its keyzone stretched...
Then in Cubase SX...On default load she only maxes at 22%, the same with B and C mute...Mute A and B and she maxes out(but doesn't show red in "overload")..Mute all 3 and she maxes out again!...

I've moved "8-Bit Vocals.DASHsnd" , <grin>

anyway William gave the info
NEW BETA V22 UPDATE
Just one detail, move the file "8-Bit Vocals.DASHsnd" on "EVE DATA/Waveform" to "EVE DATA/Ensembles" please.

now they should be all in place

CP70 Soft, I think I've tuned it to the best, but as pointed the lower keys got not stable Pitch, so they are not really usable unless you want that detuned piano bass sound, replacing the lowest 3 samples could be enough but I don't know if the CP70 Hard ones would fit with the others samples, maybe we could pre filter them

the change in tone between multi and normal shouldn't be there, something to see here

Mute behaviour neex a fix too I guess, checking now

thanks

ok got beta 22 and the snds in the right places... first moments found something odd. I'm on amd so no P4 prob's here....

plz try to repeat this:

load the Perc-Talk Organ preset [kewl one btw]

hit as a chord, C4 and E4 [C and maj 3rd above, eh?]

now play that in short repeated hits as if you were hitting every beat of 1-+2-3-4 at about 90 bpm... then do the same faster and also slower...

do you hear that sort of staticy glitch every now and then? happens for me with this same interval in the C4 and up octaves... even say with the same interval but a diff "root note"... say F and G above... not as bad or as noticable at least in the lower octaves.... and not there with a diff interval... of course I haven't tried every possible interval yet...

so... errr what is this thing? is it in the samples or ?????? anyway it could surely be a prob, eh?

gotta go to work now but holy smoke.... try what my last post say, but use the Pec-Ana Combs preset in the same octaves.... if you didn't here it before you will surely hear it now! wierd.... lower octaves are ok... higher are terrible..... you are not telling me that this is 'intentional' I hope?????

Looks like someone is not reading all the messages. ;)
Just one detail, move the file "8-Bit Vocals.DASHsnd" on "EVE DATA/Waveform" to "EVE DATA/Ensembles" please.
Krim, I will check more, but it may be an Orion thing. Could you check with other hosts in your machine? Also, you are using W98 right?

Also, Krim, now it works with multiple instances right?

Wk

filter wrote:8 bit voices seems not to be looped at times. I get a crackle. Thats all I could pick up for now.
Did you download the update for this sound-file? Since that was fixed allready, I placed the updated file under the "Sample Updates" folder. ;)

I will check the MUTE problem.

About difference on the sound from Single-Out to Multi-Out. I will check if using 64 bits for the mixer solves that. Shouldn't add CPU usage, since is one extra cycle per sample, not a big deal.

Wk

WilliamK wrote:Krim, I will check more, but it may be an Orion thing. Could you check with other hosts in your machine? Also, you are using W98 right?

Also, Krim, now it works with multiple instances right?

Wk
Yep, win98.

multi instances are ok now, but i can only run 2 before it goes to 85%, although i didnt try to optimise them.

max wrote:gotta go to work now but holy smoke.... try what my last post say, but use the Pec-Ana Combs preset in the same octaves.... if you didn't here it before you will surely hear it now! wierd.... lower octaves are ok... higher are terrible..... you are not telling me that this is 'intentional' I hope?????
Is aliasing, and there is nothing we can do about it. Just don't use so high, is not usable anyway. ;) The Pulse 90%, even on analog synths, that high, will produce a bad sound. ;)

Wk

max wrote:now play that in short repeated hits as if you were hitting every beat of 1-+2-3-4 at about 90 bpm... then do the same faster and also slower...
do you hear that sort of staticy glitch
Ohh boy, is the leslie bud. See, a real Hammond has a click on every note. Since the leslie is going from front to back and left to right, sometimes you don't hear the click. ;)

Wk

filter wrote:I get a strange CPU load when I mute Chan B. When playing with only Chan A .. Performance meter in Cubase sits between 15 and 20%, but when I turn on Chan B and have Chan A and Chan B both playing .. it drops to under 10%. Mute both and you get 30% in the performance meter
Thanxs Filter and Ford, its a denormal problem, my mistake. :oops: I fixed it now. I will upload a new beta asap.

Wk

NEW BETA UPDATE 23

- Fixed MUTE Denormal problem

- Fixed Single/Multi output sound-difference (using 64 bits to mix the signal before output - here tested with CubaseSX and both versions outputs the same sound now)

- New Beta Expiration Date. Was 12 November. ;)

Wk

Return to “NUSofting”