A step by step for us clueless folks trying to install the 9 new au instrument presets in Knagalis ?

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First I have to say that I love the Knagalis 1.40, especially the bagpipes.

However I seem to be struggling with getting the felyon samples and au presets to work.

I tried to follow the instructions on the read me text document and rtf to the best of my ability, but I still seem to be confused as to what goes where.
From "readme.felyon.mac.txt" located in felyon.aupresets.zip

To use the Felyon AU presets, make sure you have downloaded Feylon_Samples_rar_archive.zip
from your NUSofting download page. On Mac OS X, these need to be copied to the NUSofting
data directory, which lives under your home directory in:

~/Library/Application Support/NUSofting Data/Knagalis/

Then, move the

Then, move the aupreset files in this zip into the following directory under your
home directory:

~/Library/Audio/Presets/NUSofting/EMM Knagalis/Felyon/

If you have not yet created any of your own AU presets for EMM Knagalis, you can
just move the entire NUSofting directory in this zip file to your presets directory.
From "Where to put this stuff.rtf" located in Felyon_samples_rar_arcive.zip...

folders from 20-Northern to 28-Gaita must be manually added in the
...\NUSofting Data\Knagalis\Knagalis EMM Data\
What am I doing wrong? Is there a clearer step-by-step I can follow?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I figured it out. Thank you.

Hi,

so you were faster than my reply!

Resuming, AU presets must be loaded into Knagalis AU using the Host.
The presets needs the samples, which must me copied into the "EMM Knagalis Data"

Thanks for sharing

I'm still stuck :(
ESoundz - KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit wrote:I'm still stuck :(
You should say what daw and os your using.
I just got this demo, so I'll check it out in a second.
If it's mac osx then your daw should have a way to load those presets.
In Live I just click on the little 2 circle arrows at the bottom left where the daw's au modules show up.
The samples have to be copied to the "EMM Knagalis Data" folder wherever that is, as stated above.
Check for a NuSofting folder under Library/Application support/Nusofting/
if it's mac. I'm guessing though. Will edit once I figure things out.

Cubase 5.5.1, Windows 7 64 bit

Usually no problems at all with vst installation but this time, it's not playing game. Have used Knagalis for years and it still remains one of mine (if not favourite) VST of all time. :)
ESoundz - KindredSpirit

I was able to get the new presets to work by doing the following on a Mac PPC:
1. The .aupreset files that are in the Felyon folder should go into...

/Library/Audio/Presets/NuSofting/EMM Knagalis
2. 20-Northern to 28-Gaita folders should go into...

/Library/Application Support/NUSofting Data/Knagalis/

i had to go to the data folder and load the new presets bank before i found them
Probably would be good if they just showed in the factory default bank now tho,(if possible)

KindredSpirit wrote:Cubase 5.5.1, Windows 7 64 bit
check this thread

Hi all,

sorry for the troubles, while doing betatesting the installation seemed easy, now I see that it's not.

The main bit is that you should have one "NUSofting Data" on your drive, where you have the knagalis data folder with all samples inside (each intrumennt is a sub folder with its DASHsnd files)

The extra presets (vst or au) can stay in the same knagalis data folder or elsewhere depending on your host, since it's the host that loads the extra presets. The knagalis plugin on his own only loads the default bank (on Windows you can save your own custom default bank)

Firstly, to jcrisman and KindredSpirit I just want to say sorry for not checking in sooner. I've been really busy since helping Liqih with the OS X port, and haven't been checking in on KVR. And when I did check in about a week or so ago, I saw the OP had solved the problem anyway. I only just found out there was someone else with a problem.
shanecgriffo wrote:i had to go to the data folder and load the new presets bank before i found them
Probably would be good if they just showed in the factory default bank now tho,(if possible)
Unfortunately, what I discovered when doing the OS X port was that AU presets and VST presets / programs are very different things altogether, and even in the AU version the list of presets within the EMM Knagalis UI itself is really a list of VST programs (we use a VST -> AU wrapper). So while there is a superficial correspondence between VST and AU presets, there are enough differences that it's really difficult to make them match up completely, especially with the bonus presets. (And with those, to avoid duplicated archives of the samples, I just used Liqih's original archive developed for Windows and added a separate archive with the aupresets pointing to those samples, hence the separate instructions.)

When I was researching how to handle the AU presets, I looked at some of my other favourite OS X plugins (which are all cross-platform) and I discovered that they fell into two main groups:
1. They used their own custom, cross-platform preset format (e.g. Zebra)
2. They only use host-preset management and don't implement their own browser (e.g. Discord 2)

Now, I'm sure there are others out there and to be honest I don't remember how for example the Linplug plugins manage this, but I do remember that other plugins either avoid the problem as in examples 1 and 2 above, or they do end up with a mismatch between the host's list of AU presets and their internal list. So while it looks like it should be simple to have the extra presets show up in the factory bank, it's actually quite difficult to achieve right now.
liqih wrote:(on Windows you can save your own custom default bank)
IIRC, this should work on the OS X version too.

Oh, and the summary of how to install the samples and presets for the AU version is to follow the instructions in "readme.felyon.mac.txt". The instructions in "Where to put this stuff.rtf" are for users of the Windows plugin.

I hope this thread is still active. I am wondering if this is a problem with OS X 10.8.

I can not find _anywhere_ the

directory (Either from the root directory nor from the user directory).
I notice that there were problems 2 years ago, but not since then. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Bruce Petherick

bpetherick wrote:I hope this thread is still active. I am wondering if this is a problem with OS X 10.8.

I can not find _anywhere_ the

directory (Either from the root directory nor from the user directory).
I notice that there were problems 2 years ago, but not since then. Does anyone else have this problem?
Sorry, I haven't tried this on OS X 10.8. I haven't heard anything about Mountain Lion that would mean this directory can't be created, though since Lion Apple have decided that the Library directories should not be visible in Finder. It should still be possible to do all this from the command prompt.

Edit: Oh, and since I have used OS 10.8, I don't know how application sandboxing affects hosts and plugins. So maybe that does affect where the support files need to be located.

Return to “NUSofting”