Knagalis Preset questions, Modelonia, String Machine Epic Bug report, collect them here

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there I think it would have been crazy not to take up the $15 sale for knagalis which was one of my all time favorite instruments and i was waiting so long for a mac port, and of course, modelonia.

I have some questions.

It seems the mac version AU of knagalis does not have internal capability to load FXB files. Tell me this is not true! So this means I can't use any of the extra free banks in the world? Very disappointed. As the sale was so time limited and I only got in the last hours, I never would have had a chance to check this in the demo.

With Modelonia, how many presets does it actually COME with, and the extra banks that were once posted on various topics, are they all included by default now?

Also, I almost bought string machine, and I am lucky i didn't.

If you load the AU in logic (demo), it just produces without ANY key presses a full clipped sound, none of the presets work, and it cuts out sound of logic completely and the entire OSX system (10.6.5). NO sound works in ANY app after this. The system must be rebooted. Very sad :(

ttoz wrote:Also, I almost bought string machine, and I am lucky i didn't.

If you load the AU in logic (demo), it just produces without ANY key presses a full clipped sound, none of the presets work, and it cuts out sound of logic completely and the entire OSX system (10.6.5). NO sound works in ANY app after this. The system must be rebooted. Very sad :(
I can attest to the full version also doing exactly what you described. I bought it yesterday, and have yet to have it make a useful sound in Logic. Harptime used to do the same thing, as well, but its last update reduced (but didn't entirely eliminate) the flakiness. I have hundreds of plugins, and these are the only ones to manifest this (or really, any) problem.
It seems the mac version AU of knagalis does not have internal capability to load FXB files. Tell me this is not true! So this means I can't use any of the extra free banks in the world? Very disappointed.
I also own Knagalis, but I hadn't tried to import any sounds yet. Since the plugin only ships with about 10 sounds, the inability to import more is not only disappointing, it's basically unacceptable. I hope NUSofting takes note of this thread, and fixes their broken products.
You're bad... with my help, you could be the worst.

Knagalis... only ships with about 10 sounds...
How can that be? The demo version alone contains a slew of presets and 19 "sounds".
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback, indeed Strings Dream *on Mac" had so far a big bug which produces unbearable noise, sorry for that,

but today I fixed that, <grin>, to confirm this the next days I check with various Mac and if all is good I will release the update by the weekend

ttoz wrote:It seems the mac version AU of knagalis does not have internal capability to load FXB files. Tell me this is not true! So this means I can't use any of the extra free banks in the world?

But there are no extra free banks, anyway mind that you can load
any soundSet made for Knagalis, just like EVE did, then better you do your own preset adjusting volumes and scales and effects.

With Modelonia, how many presets does it actually COME with, and the extra banks that were once posted on various topics, are they all included by default now?
There two banks of 128 and one of about 30 presets,
also check
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178054
and
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=299450
lazy Theo, <wink>
Also, I almost bought string machine, and I am lucky i didn't.

Not so lucky, as I said it should be ready a good update for the weekend,
and who bought it will get the update for free.
I'm honest and say I made a big mistake releasing Strings Dream for Mac
without a deep betatesting. But it's so hard to find betatesters with Macs.
So the bug came out later.

Cheers,

Luigi

ttoz wrote:It seems the mac version AU of knagalis does not have internal capability to load FXB files. Tell me this is not true!
Actually, neither the original Windows VST version nor the Mac VST version have the internal capability to load FXB files. I think it always relied on the host to be able to do this. Sorry, I guess that is an oversight with the AU port, which was essentially about keeping the AU version as similar to the VST version as possible. It never occurred to me to add FXB loading, since I rarely use FXB files.

It should be possible to at the very least come up with a way to convert an FXB file into a set of aupresets (though I do find aupresets a bit odd to work with too).
ttoz wrote:So this means I can't use any of the extra free banks in the world? Very disappointed.
The only free bank I could find was the Pro-sounds Ethnicity one. It should be possible to convert that to aupresets (though it's taking me a little while to remember how to do the automatic conversion, which didn't work for me first go).

That's the one I wanted, pro sounds ethnicity.... so liqih was definitely wrong about there being no extra banks,, that has 128 presets, would be entirely grateful if you manage to convert it.

As for Modelonia well, I only have 128 + 30 presets in mine not two banks of 128.. something must be wrong in the AU. I'll doublecheck again.

Thanks for the other answers.

@liqih, regarding the modelonia preset extra banks question, i knew about the two topics you linked to, i was more wondering if those banks had now been included in factory, that's why i asked.

ttoz wrote:That's the one I wanted, pro sounds ethnicity.... so liqih was definitely wrong about there being no extra banks,, that has 128 presets, would be entirely grateful if you manage to convert it.
OK, I'll do that. I've PMed Prosounds too, and they are cool with that. Until I get it right, though, it might be a bit fiddly to do so I mightn't be able to get it done until this coming weekend.

I recently purchased Strings Dream, and I have a couple of concerns about it. First though, I would like to say for a guy (myself) who doesn't normally give a crap about pad type sounds, this is a really unique softsynth both in sound and layout. :)

The problems I've been having are weird error messages/crashes, and sometimes Gui bugs followed by errors and crashes. I am running an older version of FL Studio though (V6 or V7, I forget) so that could be to blame I guess.

Other than that, a LOT of times (read that = most of the time) the patches I use/make are too quiet. And that is not my/FL Studio's fault. Basically, if neither of the *bass* elements are used, I can't really get the volume of a patch up above maybe -12-18db without jacking the volume in FL Studio (and even then many times I'm only at 1/2 volume at best). It REALLY needs an extra 6-12db gain on the master output/mixer, like for real. :D

Also, I'd love for it to have some kind of arpeggiator, but that's really an FR, and I can't be taking any hostages for that, I demoed the synth and bought it based on what it is/does currently eh. :hihi:

Perimeter Sound wrote:I recently purchased Strings Dream, and I have a couple of concerns about it. First though, I would like to say for a guy (myself) who doesn't normally give a crap about pad type sounds, this is a really unique softsynth both in sound and layout. :)

The problems I've been having are weird error messages/crashes, and sometimes Gui bugs followed by errors and crashes. I am running an older version of FL Studio though (V6 or V7, I forget) so that could be to blame I guess.
Maybe yes maybe no, I can try again in FL Studio but I have v8 here,
anyway thanks for the comments and absolutely right about the volume of the patches,
with the update this week I will fix that as well,
just ask you patience for two days more, <grin>

ttoz wrote:That's the one I wanted, pro sounds ethnicity.... so liqih was definitely wrong about there being no extra banks,, that has 128 presets, would be entirely grateful if you manage to convert it.
Yes, sorry, there is one, I forgot,
Replying to you but asking blurk, didn't Knagalis AU keep the "save as default bank" menu?
Thanks would mean that Knagalis AU can load FXB

ttoz wrote:@liqih, regarding the modelonia preset extra banks question, i knew about the two topics you linked to, i was more wondering if those banks had now been included in factory, that's why i asked.
Since Modelonia load each bank from file, even the factory ones,
it makes not difference. The inclusion is done copying the bank file into ..\NUSofting Data\Modelonia\
folder.

Cheers

BTW here I uploaded all presets
http://liqihsynth.com/modelonia/Modelonia_presets.zip
note that some of SW presets are just in single FXP, those you can't load with the AU
(anyway Modelonia 2.0 will load XML presets, crossplatform, the plugin is ready but I need to run the betatesting)

liqih wrote:
Perimeter Sound wrote:I recently purchased Strings Dream, and I have a couple of concerns about it. First though, I would like to say for a guy (myself) who doesn't normally give a crap about pad type sounds, this is a really unique softsynth both in sound and layout. :)

Maybe yes maybe no, I can try again in FL Studio but I have v8 here,
anyway thanks for the comments and absolutely right about the volume of the patches,
with the update this week I will fix that as well,
just ask you patience for two days more, <grin>
No problem, even 2 weeks is fine ha-ha, just crank the volume up a bit, we wanna HEAR the strings. :D

And I can't help but wonder if the skin switching is what's causing the Gui errors/crashes. I do like the choice of skins, but not if it's going to cause issues.

look, I've just uploaded the update of the demo, both PC and Mac,
please try that and tell me if the volume is better now.
http://dashsignature.com/SDS/Strings_Dr ... AU_VST.zip

Thanks

I bought BDM in the recent sale. I've downloaded and installed it as explained in the manual, but the ModPacks are not working properly for me. When I have BDM loaded inside Live 8 with the factory skin, everything works as expected, but if I use the ModPack tool to load the Branis skin, the pads no longer produce any sound. When I switch back to the factory skin, all is well again.

Is it possible to do anything about this, as I much prefer the Branis skin. I have tried changing just the contents of the skin folder (not the samples), but the audio stopped working again. I'm on XP ...

unpeople wrote: I also own Knagalis, but I hadn't tried to import any sounds yet. Since the plugin only ships with about 10 sounds, the inability to import more is not only disappointing, it's basically unacceptable. I hope NUSofting takes note of this thread, and fixes their broken products.
Yes, I'm trying, but to be fair there are 29 multisampled instruments in Knagalis now,
and 100 presets, but presets do not count much, once you load one of the instruments: it makes sense for you to choose the scale according to the piece you're playing,
the same about glide, pitch bend and volumes, Basically you always need to customize
an ethnic instrument for your music.

Moreover you actually can import more samples, just that you have to learn to make the proper format,
but that's explained in the manual.
You can say that you expected Knagalis to be easier to customize, but I don't see where it is broken.

So actually broken was only Strings Dream on Mac, AFAIS.

Please let me know if I missed other points.

Thanks

Return to “NUSofting”