Modelonia Installation Problem

Official support for: nusofting.com
KVRer
3 posts since 18 Jan, 2011

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 am

Hi,

I have problems installing the full Modelonia version. I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything on this. I'm on a Mac (OS Leopard) and Logic Pro 8. Yesterday I purchased the Modelonia full version after already trying out the demo. My problem is that Logic doesn't recognize the full version and instead still runs the demo. Is it a way of activating the full version that I'm missing? Also after the installation I can't find any folder for it in either applications or library.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Anton

DASH Guy
7656 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi,

sorry for the late reply I just saw this message,

possibly you are running the full version (if you have installed it)
but Logic hasn't updated the AU list which holds the names of the plugin.
Since Demo and Full they have the same ID number Logic thinks it's the same plugin. But it's only a name issue. For the folder search "NUSofting Data".

Cheers
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

KVRer

Topic Starter

3 posts since 18 Jan, 2011

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks!

I deleted everything in the folder and installed the full version again. It's still called Modelonia Demo in Logic but seems to work fine so I have no problem.

KVRer
15 posts since 19 Jan, 2009 from Amsterdam

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:58 am

antona wrote:Hi,

I have problems installing the full Modelonia version. I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything on this. I'm on a Mac (OS Leopard) and Logic Pro 8. Yesterday I purchased the Modelonia full version after already trying out the demo. My problem is that Logic doesn't recognize the full version and instead still runs the demo. Is it a way of activating the full version that I'm missing? Also after the installation I can't find any folder for it in either applications or library.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Anton
I have tried to install the demo in Logic Pro 9 running 10.5 32bit but it doesn't show up in the AUmanager or any where in Logic-where, if I may ask, did you put the Player.vst. I didn't see any AU version and other .vst's do show up in Logic using Jack Pilot.

KVRian
705 posts since 15 Aug, 2005

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:38 pm

The free player includes both Mac VST and AU, and the demo download has two different links on the NuSofting site - make sure you download the AU demo. Logic (or Garageband) doesn't use VST natively.
Your AU plugins should be in this folder:
[Hard Drive]/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/

Hope you get it working!

KVRer
15 posts since 19 Jan, 2009 from Amsterdam

Post Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks mike for the reply. I had tried to install the new beta version which had Mac folders in it, but after I went back and got the old version in AU format it works fine. I do use VST's in logic they just need a bridge, I can't remember who showed me how to set that up but it does work-I can call up any VSTi from cubase in my EXS, but since I pay an AKai EWI wind controller I don't really et much from key switching samplw libraries. I am still looking for a string Orchestra that uses Physical Modeling as that works much better with wind controllers than keyboard sample libraries-do you happen to know of anything like that?

KVRian
705 posts since 15 Aug, 2005

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:48 pm

I see what you mean about VST into Logic - and using routing (with something like Soundflower or JackOSX) or Rewire, it's possible to do a lot of advanced stuff.
For physical modeling, other than Logic's Sculpture or, obviously, Modelonia, I'm not too well-versed, but if you have Reaktor, I remember seeing this collection of modeled instruments (but haven't tried them):
http://www.hvsynthdesign.com/reaktor.php

Return to “NUSofting”