Bravo Luigi ! Knagalis and Modelonia

Official support for: nusofting.com
KVRist
66 posts since 27 Feb, 2011

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 pm

Guess I'm late to the party....

Just tried Knagalis and Modelonia..

Knagalis:
This is a clap-your-hands-in-delight plug. Beautiful sitar, so much lighter than the real thing ( :) ), bagpipe, world instruments..Very very nice.

Modelonia:
(kisses finger tips) Tutta bella ! Some of the presets sounded like Morricone Western themes -- were you trying for that? Can't wait to try more presets. Again, very natural.

Now the big question -- should I get both or is Modelonia the big brother of Knagalis?

:clap:

DASH Guy
7651 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi Astrin,

Thanks for the feedback!, Morricone? Well yeah, <grin>, I like those sounds and surely Modelonia can help to avoid sampled instruments when you look for a unique signature sound for your new soundtrack theme.

Modelonia and Knagalis are very different, Knagalis uses prerecorded samples, Modelonia is physical modeling, only math playing.
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

KVRer
15 posts since 19 Jan, 2009 from Amsterdam

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 am

liqih wrote:Hi Astrin,

Thanks for the feedback!, Morricone? Well yeah, <grin>, I like those sounds and surely Modelonia can help to avoid sampled instruments when you look for a unique signature sound for your new soundtrack theme.

Modelonia and Knagalis are very different, Knagalis uses prerecorded samples, Modelonia is physical modeling, only math playing.
Sorry to hijack this thread but I wanted to ask how do I get the free Modelonia Player to open in Logic? I have it both in /Library/audio/lugins, and in /Library/Application support. But it still doesn't show up in the AU manager, or any of the drop down instrument or plugin menus.

KVRer
4 posts since 25 Dec, 2010

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:41 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
billy68 wrote:

Sorry to hijack this thread but I wanted to ask how do I get the free Modelonia Player to open in Logic? I have it both in /Library/audio/lugins, and in /Library/Application support. But it still doesn't show up in the AU manager, or any of the drop down instrument or plugin menus.
Hm, I downloaded the demo from here:
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/download.html (http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/download.html)
(click on Download OSX AU)
Ran the installer and Modelonia showed up in Logic 9. The file that was installed is in Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components. Filename is ModeloniaDemo.component. In Logic, there's now a sub-menu named NUSofting under the menu AU Instruments.

Ingo
Elektrifiziertes Musikantentum:
www.myspace.com/triosibiu

KVRer
15 posts since 19 Jan, 2009 from Amsterdam

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:39 pm

I did go back and get the old version that was AU and it works , of course. I do wish there was a tutorial about using it as it looks capable of making some fantastic sounds. I can sight read anything but I never took the time at college to explore snths so even after reading all about synths I still wish there was at least some explanation of what each knob or slider does, ADSR is easy to understand but only someone experienced or a genius[plenty of you guys here] could figure it all out without a manual.

When the full version in AU comes out for sale maybe that will have a short explanation, I am certain I will buy it then.

KVRer
11 posts since 6 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:15 pm

And Luigi's brand new synth, about to be released, is absolutely splendid. Kind of already added, as far as I am concerned, in the thread about those plugins you didn't know you couldn't live without until you used them.
hangars-liquides.com

Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 am

those two are the two i own, and i always had a soft spot especially for knagalis :)

Return to “NUSofting”