Paypal problems.

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well I'd just like to defend paypal - I've been using them for a year or two and have made lots of on-line purchases without any problems whatsoever. Most of these purchases have been from different suppliers and I feel more comfortable that only paypal have my card details as opposed to the dozen or so suppliers around the world who I've bought from and whose reputations are unknown to me.

Once you've registered (which is quite straightforward if you're registering your own card :wink:) then using paypal is a doddle.

Completely agree with you.

I would like to drop a small note about PayPal. It IS a Credit-Card solution. Is just that for some countries, they ask for verification numbers, and some they don't. It will depend on the AVS code you input with your order. EG: If you address type and AVS code matches, they approve your order, otherwise, they block it and ask for a verification number. Is all about security. When we used systems that didn't had this option, we got several stolen CCs being used from strange countries. And when we used other systems that does what PayPal do, but without the verification number, some people couldn't order at all. That's why we stick with PayPal. They are an eBay company, and trust me, the largest one for eCommerce payments.

Jens, PayPal support Germany CCs. Looks like you had an AVS mistake, that's why they asked for a code. OR, you tried to open an account instead of ordering directly from our link. Something like that. Since we had several german orders that went trought right away, without the need of the verification codes. :roll:

Today I will include this info on the site. ;-)

Best Regards, WilliamK

Jens, PayPal support Germany CCs. Looks like you had an AVS mistake, that's why they asked for a code. OR, you tried to open an account instead of ordering directly from our link. Something like that. Since we had several german orders that went trought right away, without the need of the verification codes.
hm, I'm not using IE but Mozilla instead...might
have to do with that :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

If it was your credit card and not your parents' you might appreciate the precautions. I like PayPal, especially since SharIt does not take Discover Card. You can set up a PayPal check payment that comes directly from your bank. That way you do not need a credit card, you just need to verify a bank transaction. Yes, it is a hassle, but better safe than broke.

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Yes, sure, but I didn't manage to delete my account -
what if when sometimes in the future someone manages
to crack my password and makes a transaction in
my name? How can I prove it was not me?

Share-it is a one-off transaction - if someone
abuses my parents' credit-card number in the future it should be easy to tell that it wasn't me but some fraud. :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

That's a very bad reason. Since what if someone cracks my bank code? What if someone opens credit in a store in my name? There is no SAFE thing today. ;-)

Just don't use easy passwords such as: god, master, "birthdaynumbers", etc... :roll:

Wk

I keep getting emails from PayPal stating that my PayPal account would timeout in about 5 days. They attach an application with it that I am supposed to run to send them "my personal data". Otherwise I would never ever again be able to use PayPal with that account.
Thing is, I have never ever used that email address to buy anything online. It's an address I use only for online forums.

:-o

Just don't use easy passwords such as: god, master, "birthdaynumbers", etc...
I wrote 'crack my password' not 'guess my password' :wink:

but hey, after all I love Eve and DaHornet too much
to not buy it :wink: - luckily your offer lasts 'til
next month, because my budget for this month is
finished now :-o
I keep getting emails from PayPal stating that my PayPal account would timeout in about 5 days. They attach an application with it that I am supposed to run to send them "my personal data". Otherwise I would never ever again be able to use PayPal with that account.

Good to know -thanks for thew info :)

blueye wrote:I keep getting emails from PayPal stating that my PayPal account would timeout in about 5 days. They attach an application with it that I am supposed to run to send them "my personal data". Otherwise I would never ever again be able to use PayPal with that account.
Thing is, I have never ever used that email address to buy anything online. It's an address I use only for online forums.

:-o
You have to be careful. Most likely this is not from PayPal. Look at the email address and it is probably just something simular. If PayPal wants you to update something they will ask you to go to their web site and update your information there.

Robert
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Rabid wrote:You have to be careful. Most likely this is not from PayPal. Look at the email address and it is probably just something simular. If PayPal wants you to update something they will ask you to go to their web site and update your information there.
Of course I have trashed that mail and the attachment immediately. Though, the sender was somthing like "do_not_reply@paypal.com (mailto:do_not_reply@paypal.com)".

You have to be careful. Most likely this is not from PayPal. Look at the email address and it is probably just something simular. If PayPal wants you to update something they will ask you to go to their web site and update your information there.
:-o - you're right - I misread it - don't answer it -
it's not from them :shock:

blueye wrote:I keep getting emails from PayPal stating that my PayPal account would timeout in about 5 days. They attach an application with it that I am supposed to run to send them "my personal data". Otherwise I would never ever again be able to use PayPal with that account.
Thing is, I have never ever used that email address to buy anything online. It's an address I use only for online forums. :-o
That's NOT PayPal. This is one of the TOP10 scams on the Internet. They don't for AOL and Bank accounts too. Is sad... just ignore it...

Wk

just to follow an old tradition of mine
(whinning about bad bad Paypal):

This evening I finally bought your bundle with Paypal
and had to find out that these villains have their
own exchange rate which is different from the offical
one. :o I had to pay 106 euros and a few cents, whereas
the 'real' exchange rate suggests 102 euros and a few cents for today. :roll:

I's not that I'm that much a miser to care for a few euros more, but it's a matter of principles. :P

What depends the amount they really pass to you on?

Return to “NUSofting”