shouldn't eve have at least 32 voice poly since.............

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it's so cpu efficient?

i still can't belive how good it sounds with so little cpu :D because of this, i am surprised at the 16 polyphony. 32 would be much better, especially with awesome presets like the tangerine pad in aos bank, with sounds that have such long release times, the polyphony is hit fast.

also, another feature i would like, is a polyphony indicator, i.e, something to tell you how many voices you are actually using as you play.

cheers!

I whole-heartedly would like to agree with both of these requests, would be a very welcome couple of enhancements.

Cheers...

ttoz wrote:it's so cpu efficient?

i still can't belive how good it sounds with so little cpu :D because of this, i am surprised at the 16 polyphony. 32 would be much better, especially with awesome presets like the tangerine pad in aos bank, with sounds that have such long release times, the polyphony is hit fast.
:-o - so how many fingers do you have?

:P
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've just been playing around with eve's pads. :D

damn they are GOOD :D

so unique compared to so many other vsti.

i love "floating world" :D

MORE POLYPHONY PLEASE :D

jens wrote:

ttoz wrote:
jens wrote:

I guess it results a bit in a mess then, when you
are trying to play? :P
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
ttoz wrote:
jens wrote:

I guess it results a bit in a mess then, when you
are trying to play? :P
:-o :lol: :lol:

:lol: 8) :wink: - now seriously: I don't think that you can exceed the polyphony. Even if you play with
all ten fingers and play beautyfully legato there
should be some headroom left. The polyphony isn't
counted on a 'per-sample-basis' but instead on a
note-on-basis. :wink:

jens wrote::lol: 8) :wink: - now seriously: I don't think that you can exceed the polyphony. Even if you play with
all ten fingers and play beautyfully legato there
should be some headroom left. The polyphony isn't
counted on a 'per-sample-basis' but instead on a
note-on-basis. :wink:
i disagree in the case of some specific pads,however, the simple addition of a voice usage meter will tell. William?

If thou art desperate to play those pads in all their long-release glory w/ your 60 fingers, you could:

open two instances of EVE on the same patch, and use the keyboard splits to divide the keyboard in half on each instance. Voila!

Personally I haven't noticed any note-stealing on pads myself, but upping the poly to 24 or 32 certainly wouldn't hurt I suppose.

floyd wrote:but upping the poly to 24 or 32 certainly wouldn't hurt I suppose.
that's it. exactly my point.

8 note fisted chords with high release envelopes can cause the notes to drop out if you keep playing new keys quickly.

Devon

:oops: - I never managed to get such a drop-out...

sorry, I thought 16 voices was more than enough :?

Hello Guys,

we are designing a major upgrade of EVE, or a step by step features enhancing, let's see,

polyphony can surely be increased to have the fullest pads,

the suggestion to currently use two istances seems good though, <grin>

:D - o.k. - while we're at asking for features:

a simple limiter (with just on/off) and the
possibility to load presets and banks from within Eve would be great 8)

Return to “NUSofting”