shouldn't eve have at least 32 voice poly since.............

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hy guys, just got to this post now, a bit late, but I'm here. ;-)

Luigi is right, we are working on EVE 2.0 specs, but we don't have a time-to-release date yet. I'm mostly working on the new FamousKeys Sound-Sets and we also worked on theAbstractGuitar 2.0 release that should be out soon.

Ok, here is the thing. About 32 voices. You don't need 32 voices. Remember that the synth uses 16 voices PER Part/Oscilator, so when you play a pad with the 3 OSCS ON, you are already using 48 voices. ;-) If we increase the limit to 32 voices, the synth will take a bit more memory and CPU usage, even when using at 16 voices, it will still use more CPU, since on how the synth works internally.

For now I would like to keep 16 voices, is the best option in terms of memory and CPU usage. And remember, is 16 voices per part.

Some pads do have too long releases, and with the filter ON, the sound fades, but the envelope is still running, you just don't hear. So try turning the release down a bit.

We will see if is possible to put a voice indicator, shouldn't be a problem. ;-)

EVE already loads banks when saved from EVE. Presets alone is another story. Most HOSTS do have Preset and Bank loader, so there is not much point on implementing those on EVE. Which hosts are you guys using that does not have Bank/Preset loader?

Remember, if you make your bank on EVE, select SAVE-PRESETS, it will create a EVE.BNK file under EVE.DLL directory. Now, rename this with the name you want, while still keeping the .BNK extension. And place under "EVE Banks" Directory. Now you can load it using the global menu - banks option. ;-)

Hope that helps.

Best Regards, WilliamK

Which hosts are you guys using that does not have Bank/Preset loader?
I cannot answer this question :wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:I cannot answer this question :wink:
Why? :P You was the one that asked for that, but you are not the first. ;-) I just wonder, is there any hosts that doesn't have a preset/bank loader/saver option? At least, all that I tested here did... Chainer, FL, Orion, Cubase, ... others?

Wk

is there any hosts that doesn't have a preset/bank loader/saver option?
not yet :wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

b.t.w.: was maybe Pough the other guy who asked for
a preset-load-option? :P

I don't remember, but I know someone asked. ;-)

Anyway, did you understand that you can use SAVE PRESETS and the BANKS option for that? Will that help you out the way you need? Just checking.

Wk

WilliamK wrote:I don't remember, but I know someone asked. ;-)

Anyway, did you understand that you can use SAVE PRESETS and the BANKS option for that? Will that help you out the way you need? Just checking.

Wk
Yes I understood it and it doesn't help if I saved the presets in another host and just want to load this single preset - I will have to save it as a bank -
but it's not really a big deal :)

Taking requests? Initialize preset or bank, so we can make presets from scratch! :)

jens wrote:b.t.w.: was maybe Pough the other guy who asked for a preset-load-option? :P
I don't think so. I am asking for a preset-UNload-option! :P

How about including a BLANK BANK with every VST? That's easy to do and easy to use too. I just uploaded a FXB BLANK bank and a .BNK bank too. The .BNK you can use with EVE Banks system.

Wk

:D Perfect! I hate going through the whole interface and making sure ALL the knobs and settings aren't affecting the signal in any way...

pough wrote:
jens wrote:b.t.w.: was maybe Pough the other guy who asked for a preset-load-option? :P
I don't think so. I am asking for a preset-UNload-option! :P
that means you probably haven't noticed at all... :P

pough wrote:Taking requests? Initialize preset or bank, so we can make presets from scratch!
There is an 'Init-Patch' in the original soundbank of EVE. I believe it's the last one.

Another request : Tempo sync-able LFO's! 8)

Peter.

pschelfh wrote:There is an 'Init-Patch' in the original soundbank of EVE. I believe it's the last one.
Yes, but imagine working on an entire bank!

0) Create a new bank
1) Load the bank with the init-patch
2) Go to the init-patch
3) Edit it
4) Save as fxp
5) Load your "new" bank you have saved
6) Load the fxp in the spot you want
7) Save bank
GOTO 1

:-o

Not anymore, I got FXB and BNK files that are full with INITS. ;-) I uploaded already, and I will post here the link latter.

Wk

Return to “NUSofting”