Demo mp3 of new Famous Keys Sound-Set for EVE

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, i must be as thick as two short planks because i've uninstalled eve and installed again and get the same problems.

eve is just creating a new eve directory every time i install - multiple folders everywhere. eve banks, eve data, eve then eve again etc

i've installed into the folder containing the dll and get no result. surely it shouldn't be this hard ?

if installing into the folder contain the dll is not right, then what is ?

maybe someone else ?

That's the right procedure, I really don't know what could be going wrong. MAYBE, did you ever moved the EVE.dll folder? And now you are installing away from where EVE.dll is located? What is your host?

It should go like this. Where EVE.dll is located, there is a directory named "EVE Data" inside this dir is where the Sound-Sets goes. One Directory for each set, like "AOS" or "Famous Keys 1".

So, it would read like this, eg:

c:\music\vsts\EVE\EVE Data\A0S\
or
c:\music\vsts\EVE\EVE Data\Famous Keys 1\

And so on...

Wk

Cabinfever--I've had a hard time figuring out where it all goes, too, so let me tell you how mine is set up--'cause it all works now!

There is only one folder named EVE, it goes in your VST folder (or whatever you named it) along with all you other VSTs. But you know that, I'm just being thorough! The EVE folder contains several folders and several files. The files should include the EVE.dll and EVE-MultiOut.dll along with readme, unins000 and so forth. The folders in EVE must include the following: AOS; EVE Banks; EVE Data; Manual (four folders, though you may have more). The two you need to look at are EVE Banks and EVE Data.

First, EVE Banks. It may contain a folder or two, but they are not important. EVE Banks should contain the files AOS.bnk, Default.bnk and Famous Keys 1 A.bnk. In the future, all .bnk files go here. These files are the presets.

Second, EVE Data. In the EVE Data folder there should be a number of folders with names like AOS, Electric Pianos, Ensembles, Ethnic and so forth. Each folder contains a number of DASHsnd files. These are the infamous Soundsets. Thus, you should have a folder named Famous Keys 1, and it should contain a lot of DASHsnd files. In the future, upcoming soundsets will have their own folders placed in EVE Data. The next will be Famous Keys 2, I suppose.

Now, when you fire up EVE to play, your banks should be listed under "Bank" when you click on the orange EVE banner and "Famous Keys 1" (for example) should be in the drop-down list when you click on one of the intrument names next to the A, B, and C.

Clear as mud, right? :)

Tom

well, that's the info i need, but...

every time i try to install either A0s or famouskeys into the top level eve folder (containing the dll) the installer create *another* top-level eve directory (with the dll) and replicates everything again.

and nothing shows up (as in extra banks) to load anyway.

i am using fl studio 4

this has given me a terrible headache. i am going to bed and tackle this again later ...

"saviourneeded" :lol: good name

i have just tried all this again using orion platinum with the same colossal waste of time as the result :cry: i can't believe i'm completely stupid about this. :x :help: :roll: :cry: :?: :(

Hummm, I just tested both SoundSets here, and they both install correctly if I select where EVE.dll is located...

Wk

What I could think is uninstall EVE and all Sound-Sets. Do a search for EVE.dll in your machine, so you are positive that there is no double installers. And don't think "I would never do such stupid thing!" - I have done worse, several times, we are all humans. :lol:

Start all over again.

I know is a pain, but something is going bad on your end, and I can't help much, since looks like you are doing right. But again, maybe not. :(

Wk

Gotcha and good night.

I should have mentioned that the way I have my files and folders set up require you (me) to manually move everything to where it is supposed to go. So next time I d/l a new soundset, I'm pretty sure I'll have to find it and move the folders and files to the proper places. BUT IT ISN'T HARD--you'll figure it out, believe me. :)

Just make a diagram of my earlier post of the files and folders, then do that on your computer and it'll work. I speak with calm assurance and...er, positivity...because I bought EVE last Novemeber and have d/l it and Soundsets numerous times--each time messing things up worse than before. And like you alluded to, you can delete it all and re-d/l the whole thing (but you may still have some trouble with the AOS and Famous Keys sets going where your host can't find them).

All of which makes me raise my hands to Heaven and say, "Thank you for DSL!"

Tom

Hey William--I want to apologize to you!

You let me be one of the beta testers for the Famous Keys set, but right after I d/l'd it, I had trouble with my power supply (not your fault of course!!) So I was "outa there" for several days...Very sorry about that--by the time I recovered, all the testing and shouting was over, the dust had settled and Famous Keys 1 A was another awesome creation already posted at DASKw.

But Thanks anywho! :)

Tom

Cabinfever wrote: every time i try to install either A0s or famouskeys into the top level eve folder (containing the dll) the installer create *another* top-level eve directory (with the dll) and replicates everything again.
Sorry mate, but that simply CAN NOT be!
Windows doesn't allow that there are two folders
(or files) in the same directory with the same
name - how should this work? (I guess it's the same
with any other os) - when you say it creates
'another' top-level directory this one CANNOT have
the same name as your correct Eve folder.
Check in Explorer their specific names.
And the installer won't create another folder without reason. So it must be like this:
The installer suggests a folder called 'Eve'
and you agree, whereas you installed Eve in
a folder called Eve-, Eve. or something like this:
Again: The two folder either cannot be in the same
directory e.g. 'H:\vst' or they cannot have the exact
same name because Windows simply doesn't allow this.
(just like there should not live another person with exactly your name in the house you live - if a letter
arrives how should the postman know for whom the letter is?)

Check all this in explorer. :wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

just use windows search to find all eve folders, delete them, and reinstall.

jens, you must work in tech support. this sort of reply only comes from techs :lol:

'top level' perhaps is my obscuring word. i mean to say that each installation seems to replicate the entire folder structure within itself.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled - with exactly the same result again.

i am now trying saviour's manual copy & move method...

but really this is quite ridiculous just for a bank of sounds :roll:

saviourneeded: your explanation should be sitting as the number one item in the help file.

brilliant.

everyuthing is working :D :D :D

thanks

A good night's sleep always helps, doesn't it? :D

Tom

Cabinfever wrote:jens, you must work in tech support. this sort of reply only comes from techs :lol:
insurance-company customer service :P

:oops:

:lol:

I still have not understood what you mean and
how it should happen, but I am 100% sure that it's
only your fault :P and yes: I am quite used to
speak to ultra-stoopid people so I tend to explain things like for 7 year old kids :oops:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “NUSofting”