New thread, Modelonia 2.0 beta 32 64-bit Windows And Mac! (beta closed)

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CastIronShore wrote:Does look easier to read, thx!

I'm glad our efforts are apperciated

BTW to all Modelonia users, beta or not, I would ask to tell me which parameters are most hard to understand, because I wanna implement mouseover tooltips, so you can have a quik reference on the GUI. Thanks

Hi Luigi

I'm back :D Finally I managed to play with the new beta (1.982) of Modelonia.
So far it works good in Ableton Live 9.1 Suite 64bit, under Windows 7 64bit.
I LOVE the aftertouch being implemented for midi mapping. :tu:

I saw that meanwhile you started the thread "Modelonia 2.0 works, kind of blog" and you're talking about some new improvements, like: using Velocity for the midi mapping, random preset generator, waveshape display for the LFO, new skin, etc etc. Is there a beta version containing these new features and improvements? Cause I didn't find them in the 1.982 version.
liqih wrote:BTW to all Modelonia users, beta or not, I would ask to tell me which parameters are most hard to understand, because I wanna implement mouseover tooltips, so you can have a quik reference on the GUI. Thanks
Here it is:
- on PICK module: all those 4 sliders (Gain, Symmetry, Width, Floor)
- on LIPS module: AM1, AM2, R+B sliders and PE knob
- on STRING module: SM, CP, DC, WI buttons
- on HORN module: R+B slider, N, A, B, WI buttons

Cheers

KTlin wrote:Hi Luigi

I'm back :D Finally I managed to play with the new beta (1.982) of Modelonia.
So far it works good in Ableton Live 9.1 Suite 64bit, under Windows 7 64bit.
I LOVE the aftertouch being implemented for midi mapping. :tu:

I saw that meanwhile you started the thread "Modelonia 2.0 works, kind of blog" and you're talking about some new improvements, like: using Velocity for the midi mapping, random preset generator, waveshape display for the LFO, new skin, etc etc. Is there a beta version containing these new features and improvements? Cause I didn't find them in the 1.982 version.
Hi KTlin, I'm glad you like it and it works, the new features will be in 1.983 Beta, which I will release in one or two days
Here it is:
- on PICK module: all those 4 sliders (Gain, Symmetry, Width, Floor)
- on LIPS module: AM1, AM2, R+B sliders and PE knob
- on STRING module: SM, CP, DC, WI buttons
- on HORN module: R+B slider, N, A, B, WI buttons
Thanks, interestingly I always thought the 4 sliders (Gain, Symmetry, Width, Floor) were easy to understand
since they move the display design, ok I will do the tooltips but it's also well explained now in the new manual,
the old one was 5 pages the new one is 48 pages.
Here is an excerpt from the section about the PICK exciter
Pick Exciter
The Pick Exciter is 'unidirectional', ie it outputs sound, but is unaffected by any other sound-generation component. It does not continuously oscillate, but instead produces a brief sound 'impulse', which is then fed to the String Resonator.
The parameters for the Pick Exciter determine the 'shape' of the impulse.
The shape of the impulse models approximately the initial shape of the string, when plucked or struck to start the vibrations.
Hence we can identify the two main harmonic profiles by a triangular shape or a rectangular shape, an horizontally wide triangular shape of the impulse would produce the sound of a plucked string, pulled and released, where an horizontally narrow rectangular shape of the impulse would produce the sound of an hammered string, like hit by a stick.
As said above the impulse of the Pick Exciter models approximately such physical events
but you can clearly hear the sound differences while experimenting with the impulse shape.
You can use the Basic Plucked or the Basic Nylon presets from the Sound Wizard menu as starting points.
Since this exciter only models the shape of a simple impulse, it is usually combined with the Noise exciter to generate a richer harmonic spectrum in the String resonator.

Here is the first PDF for the new manual, 93% done, few things to add remains,
please read it and report me all mistakes or other issuses, http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelon ... _draft.pdf

And now the new beta!

http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelon ... beta__.zip

expires on 29 of next month, it doesn't save the synth sate in the song project of you DAW but you can save the single preset with the save button and reload it when needed

what's new in beta 1.983? Lot of things!

what's new in beta 1.983? Lot of things!

Beta 1.982 >>> Beta 1.983 :
- added Velocity Mapping
- EQ module improved
- new menu for options, see the many commands
- added LFOs Single Shot modes and waveshape displays
- cool Mix mode for LFOs
- two new skins!
- many flaws fixed

Hello Luigi,

wow, I am really impressed from the new random preset function ! It really most of the time brings very interesting sounds nearly never any creepy noise which I feared a bit. If I ever (maybe with the help of the new great manual :) ) really understand a little bit more of how it all works I feel I can improve it in very small time to something very unique and useable at the same time !

With the "deviat preset 23 %" option I did not really get any improvement or interesting changes at first try but I think you must get used to it.

Maybe the position under setup is something you need to get a little get used to, would really like a button for it near the presets ON the surface.

I prefer the white skin, its clearer to me but I think it is just a matter of taste.

What really impresses me is the overall sound it is really much better then before, very clear, warm and sharp at the same time.

Great Job Luigi :tu: , really looking forward to the 2.0 :D

Richard

Thanks so much Richard, I will think about your suggestions

Hi Luigi
I just tested the new beta.
All the new improvements and features are awesome.

I especially like that you implemented the Velocity Mapping. It's great. :tu: :wheee: The only thing I don't like about it is that you have to type "velo". I think it would be way more efficient and easy to just type "v" for velocity and "a" for aftertouch.

The dark skin is alright.
The LFO and EQ improvements are very nice.
The "delete MIDI map" and "reset modulation" under the setup options are very useful.

What I don't really understand is this section:
Untitled-1.jpg
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks KTlin, ok I will add "v" for velocity and "a" for aftertouch. The picture is simply the path of the effects in AP EQ, when you select A or B, since the AP EQ includes an overdrive and a limiter, so it shows graphically the effect of A and B on signal routing,
their order changes using the A B switch,

is it clear now?

liqih wrote:The picture is simply the path of the effects in AP EQ, when you select A or B, since the AP EQ includes an overdrive and a limiter, so it shows graphically the effect of A and B on signal routing,
their order changes using the A B switch,
is it clear now?
Yup :tu:

Another update

Changes in this Beta 1.985:
- added more volume for CP in Strings
- mouse hover display for parameters value
- added "v" and "a" input options to MIDI Learn source box
- fixed AP EQ flat levels
- added quantize behaviour to all knobs
- changed Pitch knobs in precise mode only in dark skin*
- fixed various GUI small bugs
- skins updated

*Please compare the behaviour of the tuning knobs in Horn and String in the two skins,
and let me know which one you prefer.

Hi
I prefer the way it works in the grey skin.

This evening, after I tweaked a lot one of the presets, the GUI in both the Modelonia and Live suddenly froze (but the audio engine kept working... I could still play the modelonia from the keyboard). This is the first time I get a weird behavior using Modelonia in Live.

KTlin wrote:Hi
I prefer the way it works in the grey skin.

This evening, after I tweaked a lot one of the presets, the GUI in both the Modelonia and Live suddenly froze (but the audio engine kept working... I could still play the modelonia from the keyboard). This is the first time I get a weird behavior using Modelonia in Live.
Hi,

many thanks for the feedback, about the GUI freezing can you
reproduce that? Was it with 32-bit or 64-bit VST? Which skin was on?
Do you rember if the Tuning Table was open? Or AP EQ was on?
Also important, if any, which other programs or plugins window were open?

Cheers

liqih wrote:Hi,

many thanks for the feedback, about the GUI freezing can you
reproduce that? Was it with 32-bit or 64-bit VST? Which skin was on?
Do you rember if the Tuning Table was open? Or AP EQ was on?
Also important, if any, which other programs or plugins window were open?

Cheers
Hi
It was with the 64bit version. I'm pretty sure it was the dark skin and, from what I remember, the tuning table was not open and the AP EQ was off. No other plugin windows were open.
I hope this helps. If it will happen again, I'll let you know.

Cheers

New build

Changes in this Beta 1.986:
- fixed small GUI bugs
- added a check on plugin unload
- extended expiration date to august 3 2015

KTlin, please try this from now on, thanks

Return to “NUSofting”