Modelonia 2.0 works, kind of blog: released!

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey the two main skins are 90% ready, we tried to improve legibility and give you a choice between dark and light backgrounds. How do you see them?

links for full view
[obsolete links]

new link
https://nusofting.com/plugins/modelonia ... synthesize

Cheers,

Luigi

Will there be a 64bit version? If so, any chance that Harptime pro will be 64bit one day as well?
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Will there be a 64bit version? If so, any chance that Harptime pro will be 64bit one day as well?
The Modelonia beta is already a 64-bit VST, and I will release
the 64-bit AU Mac after the PC release. And yes, later, also HarpTime pro will be ported to 64-bit, Peti harmonium too. But, as I said, after the Modelonia 2.0 release.

Great news, thanks!
Play it by ear

Some news, the next Beta is ready and I can even call it the first Release Candidate,
but the past days I fighted with a GUI bug and took me lots of time, so I couldn't update the presets so far, this is an huge work, more than 350 presets to review and make them sounding the best with Modelonia 2.0, I wish I could have some help.

But I also had a break from Modelonia since I found an old snippet of mine, I mean a sketch of C++ code with no comments and only called "filter2", that made me curious so I spent one night trying to figure out what I wrote and why, and what it could do.
Well I'm happy to say that it turned out to be a new audio effect, or at least that's what
I got from it after the night. Yes it's a reverse delay that works interactively with a ring modulator,
seems suitable from many purpose, from guitar arpeggios sweetly warbling to reversed and ring out drum loops, and other usage of filtered ring modulation.

So that will appear, maybe a freebee to start, in some days.

ciao.

Good news. Looking forward to the RC.
" A reverse deleay that works interactively with a ring modulator" sounds interesting.

KTlin wrote:Good news. Looking forward to the RC.
" A reverse deleay that works interactively with a ring modulator" sounds interesting.

Yeah this new effect sounds great to me, I've been working on that beside Modelonia.

Anyway, I had to spend much time to fix a GUI bug related to GDI+ on Windows, but the good new is that the Mac porting has started!
So we may have the Modelonia beta 2.0 for Mac too, when? Hard to say when, hopefully in less than one month.

Bye all,

Luigi

Still working on the presets, and Modelonia still surprises me after all these years. Since it's physical modeling the range of each instrument (preset) is usually limited to 3 or 4 octaves for each preset, dont' expect to play the same sound for all the 10 MIDI octaves! But sometimes, especially in the low range the sound become something else, in an intersting way. Definitely a discover of new strange timbres.

liqih wrote:But sometimes, especially in the low range the sound become something else, in an intersting way. Definitely a discover of new strange timbres.
Indeed. I managed to get lots of very interesting and very organic sounds out of Modelonia. :tu:

PS: In an earlier post you asked which parameters are most hard to understand, because you wanted to implement mouseover tooltips. Did you manage to implement them?

KTlin wrote:
liqih wrote:But sometimes, especially in the low range the sound become something else, in an intersting way. Definitely a discover of new strange timbres.
Indeed. I managed to get lots of very interesting and very organic sounds out of Modelonia. :tu:

PS: In an earlier post you asked which parameters are most hard to understand, because you wanted to implement mouseover tooltips. Did you manage to implement them?
Not yet, too busy with presets and Mac versions. Also I expanded the manual with a small tutorial. Maybe I'll add the tooltips later.

ok here is the new complete Modelonia manual,
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelon ... manual.pdf

Please feel free to comment about it.

So no comments about the new huge manual for Modelonia 2.0?

Anyway I have a cool new feature in Modelonia, I devised to add a sub osc
to the Noise module, that was needed since while making presets I realized how weak were some sounds in the very low octaves.
"Add Wave To Noise" parameter was already a kind of sub osc, but just a low pure tone (sine wave) added to the Noise exciter output. With the new sub osc many more fat sounds are possible.
The biggest work was to use the Add Wave To Noise knob as a double control, so that in the range 0.92 .. 1.0 changes to a multiswitch, allowing to select 5 different sub osc types.

Maybe someone will like this, a very short solo with one preset I made today,
it's only a mono legato preset, no other effects beside Modelonia
http://nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelon ... unique.mp3
Resonator 1 (String) does the percussions using LFO, Resonator 2 (Horn) generates the whistle,

Ok we're closer, 236 presets edited, pheew, Mac beta ready, check the news:

NUSofting release Modelonia 2.0 public beta (version 1.988)
For Windows and Mac OS X, AU and VST, 32-bit and 64-bit are included.
Modelonia 2.0 is major upgrade with many new features and new sounds.

There is also a contest attached to this release:five full licenses of Modelonia 2.0 as prize
for the best short demo tracks or best presets
that will be sent to NUSofting.
More info and contest rules are available
inside the downloadable package.

Download the full package at
http://www.nusofting.liqihsynth.com/modelonia.html
or
http://www.nusofting.liqihsynth.com/dow ... 0_beta.php

Release price for Modelonia 2.0 will be something between 75 and 95 USD,
an upgrade path for 1.7 users will be available as well.

Hello Luigi,

what great news :D .

Just sent you my small contribution to the competition (have to finish it right now just as a scratch because no time for this hobby in near future I am afraid of).

Used only presets, only one of them (Eerie plucks) I have changed a little.

Eight instances of Mulab without (great) problems (one time the appearing beta info killed mulab), of course a little annoying to loose the presets for the tracks all the time but o.k. thats beta.

When trying to do a whole track with only modelonia when it comes to presets I realized that (if it is a target to have it at least be ready for that) some more pads and keys and at leas a few basses would be great.

Thanks again for all your hart (and hear) work,

Kind regards,

Richard

Return to “NUSofting”