CRUMAR Performer : new synth PC/Mac released by crumar.it

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the past year I worked with the CRUMAR team to bring you a very faithful
reproduction of the vintage analogue Perfomer.
Now it's out!
https://www.crumar.it/?a=showproduct&b=41
main.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:47 pm Gsi is also involved
https://www.genuinesoundware.com/
Right, we joined (DSP) forces to make the best of the best.

Being obsessed with string machines and their emulations, this was an instant buy for me.. :clap:

alienmachine wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:28 pm Being obsessed with string machines and their emulations, this was an instant buy for me.. :clap:
I'm happy that you like it. As the slogan goes "we made it with love..."

liqih wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:02 am
This is such a lovely surprise, I've always wanted this very synth emulated, in terms of strings ensemble. It's unbelievable that this Christmas my wish has been fulfilled. (Up till now the instrument I've been using to give me the Performer strings is Zero-G's Nostalgia Kompakt instrument from 2005. But now that it's a true synth... :hyper: )

Thank you so much to you and to all involved.

Can you and whoever else can, join forces to emulate the one that started it all: the Eminent 310U. Organ, strings and all, circuit modeled + modern feature additions galore (akin to Arturia and others).
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:59 am
This is such a lovely surprise, I've always wanted this very synth emulated, in terms of strings ensemble. It's unbelievable that this Christmas my wish has been fulfilled. (Up till now the instrument I've been using to give me the Performer strings is Zero-G's Nostalgia Kompakt instrument from 2005. But now that it's a true synth... :hyper: )

Can you and whoever else can, join forces to emulate the one that started it all: the Eminent 310U. Organ, strings and all, circuit modeled + modern feature additions galore (akin to Arturia and others).
Hey Hunter! It has been a long time!

I second that: a complete Eminent310U, please! :hyper: The closest we have is the RE for Reason, no VST yet unless you use the Reason Rack VST3.

For the Crumar Performer, UVI's string machines was my go to. Now, I have a true synth emulation. Well done. Thank you all. It sounds wonderful.

BTW, one thing I particularly like is that you can bypass the chorus/ensemble unit to have the dry waveforms of the synth. Then I can pass it through any other modulation effects, including guitar amps. :lol:

alienmachine wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:36 pm
HunterKiller wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:59 am

Hey Hunter! It has been a long time!

I second that: a complete Eminent310U, please! :hyper: The closest we have is the RE for Reason, no VST yet unless you use the Reason Rack VST3.

For the Crumar Performer, UVI's string machines was my go to. Now, I have a true synth emulation. Well done. Thank you all. It sounds wonderful.
Hey bro! :hug:
Yup been a long time. But your ensembles always keep me company.

Regarding the E310, every time I see yet another developer do an organ emulation I wanna explode, because it's always the Hammond, or sometimes/rarely the odd Farfisa. The Reason Rack of E310.... it looks great but it sounds like early 2000s :dog: . And the Reason Rack of the RMI Harmonic Synth from the same dev is even worse.
BTW, one thing I particularly like is that you can bypass the chorus/ensemble unit to have the dry waveforms of the synth. Then I can pass it through any other modulation effects, including guitar amps. :lol:
Passing stuff through our own effects is key to personalization. I go external, and let it taste real electricity in the wild, then record the output again. It gives another dimension to the sound, destroying sterility. And there's obviously all kinds of things you can creatively do just in this sphere alone. It's kinda similar to what Ben Burtt did for the R2D2 sounds in Star Wars, some of which came from an ARP2600 - he re-recorded the output from speakers, to "worldize" the sound, and not have it sound ultra clean and overpowering, as synths do in general when compared to acoustic sounds.

Trashing a signal artfully is an art! :lol:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:46 pm
Hey bro! :hug:
Yup been a long time. But your ensembles always keep me company.

Regarding the E310, every time I see yet another developer do an organ emulation I wanna explode, because it's always the Hammond, or sometimes/rarely the odd Farfisa. The Reason Rack of E310.... it looks great but it sounds like early 2000s :dog: . And the Reason Rack of the RMI Harmonic Synth from the same dev is even worse.
Passing stuff through our own effects is key to personalization. I go external, and let it taste real electricity in the wild, then record the output again. It gives another dimension to the sound, destroying sterility. And there's obviously all kinds of things you can creatively do just in this sphere alone. It's kinda similar to what Ben Burtt did for the R2D2 sounds in Star Wars, some of which came from an ARP2600 - he re-recorded the output from speakers, to "worldize" the sound, and not have it sound ultra clean and overpowering, as synths do in general when compared to acoustic sounds.

Trashing a signal artfully is an art! :lol:
Thank you, man! Good to hear from you!

I apologize to have hijacked the thread but HunterKiller and I are kind of obsessed about old string machine emulations. He helped me on my own Reaktor ensemble (Eminent-V 310 Strings) years back. By the way, I have also purchased the String Dreams Synth years ago, right when it was launched. :)

Coming back to the topic, one thing I would like to request for version 1.1 of the Performer: a way to have a input going through the ensemble effect and a way to minimally control the LFOs speeds. That would be great as the ensemble section sounds pretty good. From the schematics of the Performer I can see a 3 delay lines + 2 LFOs implementation but I may be wrong.

Return to “NUSofting”