Synth -Sinmad 0.9.9- featured this month (april) in One Synth Challenge, reports thread:

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SeBaer wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:20 am
liqih wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:43 pm ... I also rendered the fat loop (very nice BTW) and it sounds exactly like in Reaper. Anyway without the effects, because I don't have the FX plugins you used installed on my PC.
https://nusofting.com/ky35/OSC146_Sinmad_loop.mp3
I was reading not very carefully, obviously, because I totally missed the .mp3, you attached. I discovered it just now.
But It illustrates exactly my problem, I had with Reaper, that it sounds pretty muffled, especially the drones. That occurs, when the project file samplerate settings don't match the system samplerate settings. My project is set 44.1kHz, and from the sound of the audiofile, I guess you rendered it at 48kHz. The drones should sound brighter and more fizzy. But this is not a Sinmad related problem. It's something you have to take care about in Reaper. Project file, audio settings and render settings need the same samplerate for consistent results.
If your lacking creativity, a good thing is to try arps, have you seen stochas?
Load a Synth1 instance together with arp and use the keys like in the MP3 example, that you have already developed
Bounce the midi down, and then use transpose to change sections in your chosen key

This can open up variations, sometimes it can be a little phrase, which you can then extend using ctrl/mouse pull to slow down or speed up and rinse & repeat

I’m still scared to load a different version of this synth, as I didn’t really encounter issues in my playtime
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm If your lacking creativity, a good thing is to try arps, have you seen stochas?
Load a Synth1 instance together with arp and use the keys like in the MP3 example, that you have already developed
Bounce the midi down, and then use transpose to change sections in your chosen key

This can open up variations, sometimes it can be a little phrase, which you can then extend using ctrl/mouse pull to slow down or speed up and rinse & repeat
Well, I forced through it anyway. But still thanks for your concern. Annoyingly, every month, it's only in the last two days, that I get something done...
Eauson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm I’m still scared to load a different version of this synth, as I didn’t really encounter issues in my playtime
I installed every update I got, because the improvements were remarkable. And I had quite some issues, which I discussed with liqih, so he could chase down bugs.

SeBaer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:37 pm
Eauson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm If your lacking creativity, a good thing is to try arps, have you seen stochas?

Well, I forced through it anyway. But still thanks for your concern. Annoyingly, every month, it's only in the last two days, that I get something done...
Eauson wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm I’m still scared to load a different version of this synth, as I didn’t really encounter issues in my playtime
I installed every update I got, because the improvements were remarkable. And I had quite some issues, which I discussed with liqih, so he could chase down bugs.
Maybe I didn’t push it hard enough, It seemed okay to me, so I couldn’t report issues I never had
It’s good that so many different systems were tested and the end buyer is going to get a thoroughly tested synth, which is pretty inspiring in terms of sound design :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

teilo wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 pm Also, is there a way to revert a preset to its saved version short of restarting the plugin?
Hello, have you tried 0.9.9? Now the compare: current/original will be reset when you move to another preset, therefore getting back you will get the saved version.

Hi SeaBar, this is not related to Sinamd, but I just want to say that if you have such audio issue with Reaper then changing PC or DAW is the way to go, as other KVRers suggested as well.
You mentioned Cakewalk, that is free now, so that's and an inexpensive change.
SeBaer wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:20 am
liqih wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:43 pm ... I also rendered the fat loop (very nice BTW) and it sounds exactly like in Reaper. Anyway without the effects, because I don't have the FX plugins you used installed on my PC.
https://nusofting.com/ky35/OSC146_Sinmad_loop.mp3
I was reading not very carefully, obviously, because I totally missed the .mp3, you attached. I discovered it just now.
But It illustrates exactly my problem, I had with Reaper, that it sounds pretty muffled, especially the drones. That occurs, when the project file samplerate settings don't match the system samplerate settings. My project is set 44.1kHz, and from the sound of the audiofile, I guess you rendered it at 48kHz. The drones should sound brighter and more fizzy. But this is not a Sinmad related problem. It's something you have to take care about in Reaper. Project file, audio settings and render settings need the same samplerate for consistent results.

liqih wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:24 am Hi SeaBar, this is not related to Sinamd, but I just want to say that if you have such audio issue with Reaper then changing PC or DAW is the way to go, as other KVRers suggested as well.
You mentioned Cakewalk, that is free now, so that's and an inexpensive change.
SeBaer wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:20 am But this is not a Sinmad related problem. It's something you have to take care about in Reaper.
Thanks, I got it sorted out, and already submitted my track in the other thread. Switching to Cakewalk would have been a last resort. I prefer the workflow and flexibility of Reaper.

Return to “NUSofting”