All About MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE)

Interactive, forum-based, in-depth reviews, tips, tutorials and more!
KVRian
1459 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 am

Cinebient wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:40 am
I wonder when we see first things about the mystic midi 2.0 in terms of expression.
me too. but when will the first controllers/keyboards will come, or will they update existing controllers.

in mean time, is Rob Papen Blade 2 already mentioned as very capable MPE synth?
i have it, for a few days, works perfectly with MPE (and X Y pad, lightpad M/rise).
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

KVRer
4 posts since 5 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:11 am

The current availability of mpe synths is such a pleasure when you’ve owned an MPE controller for a few years. Just a couple of years ago there weren’t more than a handful of viable synths available.

KVRer
19 posts since 15 Jun, 2018

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:43 pm

I have been working on an in-depth article on all things MPE in Live 11. Compared to Logic, for example the implementation of both MPE editing and MPE modulation is much deeper. As Bitwig is moving more into focus for many sound designers, I'd love to find out more not only about the possibilities, but the workflow. The more I work with MPE in Wavetable and Simpler or modulate effects parameters through mappings with Expression Control the more I'm sure we've only scratched the surface.

Now that the lid that was Live is finally blown off, I'm really hoping for new controllers, new instruments, even new effects that really highlight the possibilities. Or I might be wrong, since adaptation has been rather slow, and MPE is just a transitional technology towards MIDI 2.0?

KVRAF
32247 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:48 pm

Hope Operator gets the MPE functionality too though - strange ommision

Return to “KVR Experts”