ArcSyn's MacOS DMG Installer isn't currently compatible with MacOS 10.15 (Catalina)

Official support for: spcplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working to fix this issue but it may take a while. Upgrading to Catalina shouldn't affect already-installed versions of ArcSyn.

Pacifist might work in the short term. I've not tried it as I'm not on Catalina but it's my number-one tool for sorting out installer problems as a user (or just extracting a single file from an archive). It's shareware but I think it will do a basic install without demanding a licence. I think it's a handy tool to have around on OS X in any case.

https://www.charlessoft.com

There is a beta of the new macOS ArcSyn v4.0.3 installer now available from https://www.spcplugins.com/beta It has been notorized by Apple so should work fine on Catalina, and includes all three macOS versions of ArcSyn (AudioUnit, VST, and VST3) in one installer.

You are welcome to try it, but I would advise you to make a back-up of your ArcSyn programs folder first, just in case :wink:

Will this work OK on Big Sur?

Trying it anyway - installer works ok and so far so good except that NKS presets I saved with it are not recalling preset paths but that doesn't matter too much as they are recalling the patch state which is the main thing

Thanks for posting this information, aMUSEd! I'm not really in a position to buy a new Mac in order to address this situation, which is also causing problems with M1 compatibility.

SPC Plugins wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:19 am Thanks for posting this information, aMUSEd! I'm not really in a position to buy a new Mac in order to address this situation, which is also causing problems with M1 compatibility.
Hi, I own a M1 MBA, if you need it I can volunteer as a beta tester or whatever you need me for :D I have some experience with software development too if that's a plus (I'm a CS graduate).

Hi Jorgeelalto, sorry for my late reply. Thank you for offering to beta test on your M1. Please use my website contact form or email address to send me your email address so I can contact you when I have the next update to test, which hopefully won't be too long.

Return to “SPC Plugins”