Twangström Linux

RELATED
PRODUCTS

glokraw wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:22 am I removed the old linux Twangstrom, did a clear-cache
re-scan from Reaper VST preferences, and then did a fresh install
of latest linux Twangstrom, with a filemanager window open.
After the install, the as yet unused plugin's PresetDatabase folder
was empty.
That's basically the case here. The first run of the install script has produced the 3 db files as I've listed above then subsequent running of the install script, after deleting the Twangstrom folder will not produce those anymore. Does sqlite objects to the creation of those files again, if it's involved at all in their creation ?

So, no way to run Twangström using the install script. With what I've spent on other plugins, and the time needed to learn them to a suitable degree ... I would have nevertheless given Twangström an opportunity since I like what I heard so far, but the problems associated to it at this point deters from it.

1) I installed Hive 1.2 by copying the files (not using the script) and it works all right as I already described elsewhere. And the db files are clearly there (and they were not in the distribution tar archive) so they were created nevertheless.

2) I agree that if the install script is doing something important, which is seemingly the case with the new browsers, then it should be run. But in this case it does not produce those important files a second time.

When people had problems with Repro-5 it ran just fine here. So now it's my turn. :scared: :wink:

mevla wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:27 pm But in this case it does not produce those important files a second time.
To make it clear, when the Twangstrom linux installer is used,
and with Reaper as the linux daw,

" Reloading the plugin reloads the three
.lock, -shm, and -wal versions removed when Reaper was shut down."

And yes, reloading by definition means at least 'a second time'.
Yay and amen there will be many, many, and manier more :hihi:
Cheers

mevla wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:27 pm The first run of the install script has produced the 3 db files as I've listed above then subsequent running of the install script, after deleting the Twangstrom folder will not produce those anymore.
The install script does not need to create the preset database file.
The database is created when you load the plugin in your host.
If you delete the database manually (which is something the user normally shouldn't need to do), then it will be recreated the next time you start your host and load the plugin.
At least that's how it works when everything has been installed correctly.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:48 am The install script does not need to create the preset database file.
The database is created when you load the plugin in your host.
If you delete the database manually (which is something the user normally shouldn't need to do), then it will be recreated the next time you start your host and load the plugin. At least that's how it works when everything has been installed correctly.
Yes, I just saw that. No wonder I did not see any sqlite stuff in the script. Works fine now.

Turns out it has hard coded paths inside. Not so nice, but OK.

My ~/.u-he is anyways a symlink to /B3/Plugins/u-he/ where all the files actually reside.

cp -R the files to /B3/Plugins/u-he/ and it won't work. Install it in ~/.u-he which is actually:

% cd /home/mevla
% ll
lrwxrwxrwx 1 mevla mevla 16 Jul 14 2017 .u-he -> /B3/Plugins/u-he/

And it will work. Hard coded paths.

OTOH, I 'installed' Hive 1.2 by manually copying the files, as described somewhere else, and NOT by running the install script, and it worked. And is still working fine.

Cheers.

Tested, Liked, Bought it ! Thanks Mr Heckman and Abique! works a treat!

alcomatt wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:40 am Tested, Liked, Bought it ! Thanks Mr Heckman and Abique! works a treat!
Yeah! :tu:

Bought it also! Sounds nice!

We have a release candidate!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=518000

Revision 8189, also for Linux. Yay!

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:42 pm We have a release candidate!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=518000

Revision 8189, also for Linux. Yay!
:clap: Hope you have a company V1 Release Party,
and are as pleased with the results of
all your studies and your work, as your customers are :clap:

:clap: :phones: :clap: well done :hyper:

Return to “u-he Linux support”