7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Sarah Command shares links, tips, videos and more...
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59400 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:36 am

yeah, no noise pre 11am.
and no drinking in the studio.

that's the rules.
anything else goes.

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26134 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 am

I have a no cigarettes or alcohol rule ...

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13798 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am

thecontrolcentre wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 am
I have a no cigarettes or alcohol rule ...
Not a fan of Oasis then?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13798 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:36 am
yeah, no noise pre 11am.
and no drinking in the studio.

that's the rules.
anything else goes.
And yet you smoke in there? :shock:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59400 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:49 am

yes, liquids and dyspraxia plus expensive electronics is asking for trouble.

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13798 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:53 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:49 am
yes, liquids and dyspraxia plus expensive electronics is asking for trouble.
Ah, the dyspraxia could indeed be an issue. Nevertheless, liquids might spill and get into the equipment but smoke definitely will get into the equipment :shrug: It's your studio though :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59400 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:57 am

i dont actually smoke much in there.
usually busy noodling, it's only on the listen back i might have a quick hit :hihi:
my living room, where i smoke quite a bit more...
the stereo is nearly 30 years old, no issues.
if my synths last as long, they'll probably outlive me :lol:

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
30643 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:59 am

no beverages, no food, no smoking (no smoking on my property), no internet in my studio unless I bring my phone in which I dont since my mum passed and tbh cats will likely be felina non grata in the studio soon*. I live in the woods and Ash sleeps like a log so no noise/time limits...vape in the living room, internet in living room.

*cats just knock things over, molest my guitars and soon I hope to finally strip the granny wallpaper and paint. I have a regular door from my hall into the studio and a doorway from the living room, the issue obviously is the doorway. I have a bookcase that's a little over 6' tall I can put in front of it, I have way to nicely and easily close off the gap at the top and I plan on putting little casters on the bottom of the bookcase so I can have every kids dream...a secret passage behind a bookcase in my living room into my studio...total cost to me...casters :tu:
I cowboy asked me if I can help round up 18 cows. I said of course, that's 20 cows

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13798 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:00 am

vurt wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:57 am
i dont actually smoke much in there.
usually busy noodling, it's only on the listen back i might have a quick hit :hihi:
my living room, where i smoke quite a bit more...
the stereo is nearly 30 years old, no issues.
if my synths last as long, they'll probably outlive me :lol:
Fair point :hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59400 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:02 am

you do realise the rules where for a houseguest?
i was letting mike know the rules if he wanted to stay.
basically, you're all advertising your space! :lol:

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
26134 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:03 am

Mushy Mushy wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 am
I have a no cigarettes or alcohol rule ...
Not a fan of Oasis then?
Cant stand them ... :hihi:

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
13798 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 am

thecontrolcentre wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:03 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 am
I have a no cigarettes or alcohol rule ...
Not a fan of Oasis then?
Cant stand them ... :hihi:
:lol:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

tapper mike
KVRAF
5238 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Re: 7 Simple Life Hacks to Make Audio Production Easier

Post Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:07 am

Thanks for the info guys.

Return to β€œSarah's Tips”