ambeo orbit crashes in Cubase 7.5 64bit

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I would like to use the great ambeo plugin in Cubase (7.5.40) , but it crashes as soon as i add it to a track.
The same problem happens in audacity.
I tried different sample rates in my project and i also tried to install only the 64bit or only the 32bit Version. Nothing helped.

If anyone could help me solve this issue that would be absolutely fantastic and I look forward to your help and tips. Thank you in advance!

System Infos:
Windows 7
Intel Core i7 CPU @ 33.4GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX580 (Driver: 391.35)
Audio: PreSonus Audiobox Asio Driver (4.42.0.32964)

Hey Samid,

sorry to hear you're having problems. Could you try downloading Reaper and see if it crashes as well? It's free for evaluation. That would help us understand if it's an issue with your system or an issue with this specific DAW. We haven't tested Cubase 7, because it's quite old.

Johannes

Hey Johannes,

Thank you very much for your quick reaction!
I downloaded Reaper and it crashed as well.

Did you make sure you downloaded the latest version? v1.0.1 We did some changes that fixed some Windows 7 crashes a while ago:

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/ambeo-orbit

Also in Reaper: Did you try both VST2 and VST3?

Johannes

Yes I downloaded the latest Version and I tried VST2 and VST3 :/

Hm, that's strange. Can you tell me which service pack on Win7 is installed?

Just type "winver" into the search field.

Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

The plugin needs the Universal C Runtime installed in order to work, which should be included in all recent updates of Windows 7, but it's not part of Service Pack 1. Could you try updating Windows 7 to the latest service pack? If this is not an option, could you try following this guide and install the C Runtime manually?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... in-windows

Johannes

Hey Johannes
Actually I updated my system now to Windows 10, but there is still the same error (in Cubase, Reaper and Audacity).
Thank you for your persistence!

Hm, very strange. I sent you a PM so we can follow up.

have your received my pm? no stress, but i don‘t know if it works

A mi me pasa lo mismo con el ordenador de mesa. En el portátil funciona perfectamente. Los 2 ordenadores con la misma versión de windows 10. Sabéis porq puede pasar?

Ambeo Orbit has crashed FL Studio 20 ever since the first time I've tried loading it many months ago. I've attempted every trick I know to get it to load correctly but after numerous attempts I gave up and uninstalled it. To me, it's just not worth all the trouble and headache.

Sorry, you're experiencing these issues. We've tried on several machines and unfortunately weren't able to reproduce the issue. It seems to be related to specific hardware. We tested on several Windows 7 and 10 machines with different DAWs with no problem. We're trying to get access to a machine, where we can reproduce the issue and address this in a future update.

Hello my name is Tuhin. I recently tried to install ambeo orbit for trying binaural mixing, but whenever I try to open the plugin in the FL studio 20, it crashes leading to the crushing of the whole daw. But without opening the plugin, FL studio works fine. While loading the plugin it says :- " Ambeo Orbit crashed while processing. Disabled".

In this circumstance, I will be grateful if someone suggest me what to do.😅

By the way I'm using Windows 10, Ram - 12 GB, processor - Pentium G4400, Graphics Card- Nvidia GT 710.

Another thing I want to tell, that I updated my realtek audio driver and my graphics driver, also I tried reinstalling both the daw and the Ambeo Orbit several times, but the problem remains same.

Return to “Sennheiser AMBEO”