Voltage Modular 2.0.22 Released!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KVR friends,

Today we've released Voltage Modular 2.0.22, which includes minor bug fixes for the best modular experience yet! We've been working directly with our developers and our beta testers to find and fix every little issue in the new Voltage Modular 2.0 software, and 2.0.22 is packed with all sorts of little fixes.

As always, the update will arrive automatically when you run Voltage Modular, or you can choose to download it immediately on the Voltage Modular Download Page.

For a complete list of changes to Voltage Modular 2.0.22, visit the Voltage Modular Version History page.

Module developers will find several important new features in Voltage Modular Designer 2.0.22, including the new ability to modify a module's source code with your favorite editor.

For a complete list of changes to Voltage Module Designer 2.0.22, visit the Voltage Module Designer Version History page.

Thanks!
Dan and the Cherry Audio Team

Nice release, thanks!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just popping in to say I had parked VM for a few months, but the new version and modules have made it a ton of fun. I doubled down by finally buying a bunch of things for it I’d had on my wish list.

Got some feature requests:

Something like a cabinet within a cabinet, a black box, which lets you work on a patch for say a drum machine and make it something you can drop into other cabinets where it just appears like one module with its own macros and inputs/outputs available.

An optional CPU meter for standalone.

Stop and Play buttons in the Perform section to emulate DAW play/stop to make it easier to sync play and stop a load of separate sequencers.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Would be great if the performer macros automatically had automation targets for hosts

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:10 am

Stop and Play buttons in the Perform section to emulate DAW play/stop to make it easier to sync play and stop a load of separate sequencers.
I already requested both of those over at the CA Forum.

I have a ton of dead space (almost 2/3rds of the screen) after the fixed top module(s) so there is loads of room for this type of stuff (also to put the performer section to the side rather than below)

Current layout seems designed for a laptop- I have a 32 inch monitor and there is a lot of wasted screen and no ability to move things around.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:21 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:10 am

I already requested both of those over at the CA Forum.

I have a ton of dead space (almost 2/3rds of the screen) after the fixed top module(s) so there is loads of room for this type of stuff (also to put the performer section to the side rather than below)

Current layout seems designed for a laptop- I have a 32 inch monitor and there is a lot of wasted screen and no ability to move things around.
Editing below so I get my terminology right. I thought the whole patch was in a cabinet, but the cabinet is the individual shelves.

Collapsible/expandable cabinets within a patch was going to be another ask. That would cure a lot of issues I have where even the most complex part of something I'm working on will fit within three cabinets without needing to scroll, but the 'whole' patch may need a fair few more than 3.

The 'black box' object-oriented approach of having patches as objects within patches would probably be my number one fix for that situation though.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:41 pmThe 'black box' object-oriented approach of having patches as objects within patches would probably be my number one fix for that situation though.
I'm not sure whether that's new or not, but the Plug-In Hosts can host Voltage Modular inside Voltage Modular.

haslo wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:41 pmThe 'black box' object-oriented approach of having patches as objects within patches would probably be my number one fix for that situation though.
I'm not sure whether that's new or not, but the Plug-In Hosts can host Voltage Modular inside Voltage Modular.
I guess, but ideally I’d want the option for CV in and out without having to translate stuff into MIDI and back again. Would also have thought it would introduce some overheads with VM inception, but I suppose on the plus side you could guarantee object isolation.

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:08 pmI guess, but ideally I’d want the option for CV in and out without having to translate stuff into MIDI and back again.
I haven't tested it, but from the whole "any signal is just a signal" thing I'd assume that you can use the audio inputs and outputs as CV ins and outs. Still only 4 ins and 4 outs, but it might be enough.

Edit: Yes, this works.

haslo wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:29 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:08 pmI guess, but ideally I’d want the option for CV in and out without having to translate stuff into MIDI and back again.
I haven't tested it, but from the whole "any signal is just a signal" thing I'd assume that you can use the audio inputs and outputs as CV ins and outs. Still only 4 ins and 4 outs, but it might be enough.

Edit: Yes, this works.
Nice spot. Will help keep things manageable.

Are you safe?

Return to “Cherry Audio”