PS20 Patch Panel Tutorial

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mholloway wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:35 pm blame Korg.
:hihi:

Koshdukai wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:35 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:29 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:41 pm See the Red and Blue/Cyan cables ? That's modulating the HP and LP filters. Just set the amount you need in the knobs to the left (2 of the 4 with the green line I added below the label text)
Thanks but I don't see the point of the square wave modulation connection to the clock as it does absolutely nothing
how do you clock (trigger) the S&H ?
It does it regardless. The effect comes through the same with or without that patch

ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:02 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:35 pm
ghostwhistler wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:29 pm
Koshdukai wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:41 pm See the Red and Blue/Cyan cables ? That's modulating the HP and LP filters. Just set the amount you need in the knobs to the left (2 of the 4 with the green line I added below the label text)
Thanks but I don't see the point of the square wave modulation connection to the clock as it does absolutely nothing
how do you clock (trigger) the S&H ?
It does it regardless. The effect comes through the same with or without that patch
You're right, I didn't realize that CA pre-wired PS-20's MG SQR to S&H's Clock, so that wire isn't needed. I just did it initially to make it as close to what Mark was explaining on the MS-20.
PS-20 MG SQR prewired to S&H CLK.JPG
MS-20 MG SQR not prewired to S&H CLK.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It isn't

ok. Contact support. They are paid for this, I'm not.

This "issue"/confusion is caused by the changes/reinterpretation Audio Cherry did of the original Korg MS-20 panel when doing the PS20, so it looks like they should be the ones explaining/solving this.
Last edited by Koshdukai on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Koshdukai wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:52 pm ok. Contact support. They are paid for this, I'm not.
Don't respond then, what's the point of posting this?

I am a bit lost with the PS-20. I looked all over the internet and my question is this : how can I get the noise sound like this guy is managing in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7uMRPKG9s

I know there are white noise and pink noise filters available but I cannot get my head around how to let it sound like in the video. Can anyone help me out?

mvd83 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:17 am I am a bit lost with the PS-20. I looked all over the internet and my question is this : how can I get the noise sound like this guy is managing in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7uMRPKG9s

I know there are white noise and pink noise filters available but I cannot get my head around how to let it sound like in the video. Can anyone help me out?
I believe because White and Pink noise are removed from the patch panel it's direct or fixed.
I actually started to follow that but once I noticed that the PS-20 has a knob for 'noise' I realized you don't need to do all that because they are fixed. You can already turn the Cutoff and it affects the noise.
Screenshot 2022-12-29 121203.jpg
I actually followed that to create the same thing in Korg's own MS-20 vst and produced nothing so far. Weird.

PS. Looks like I made a mistake in the signal paths on the PS-20 because it's really different than the MS-20. Didn't realize there were two Envelope Generators with INV Out which I thought was actually Rev Out on the MS-20 and someone just decided to change it. Someone decided to take some liberties with the MS-20 for sure.
PPS. I guess I haven't looked at this for a long time and didn't notice the pink/white noise way up at the top of the panel attached to the Mixer after loading classic machine snare. Ahhh. And ohhhh. Ok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

how to patch out s/h for using frequency modulation knob?

The user Manual for the PS-20 is really well made. There is a summary of what each connection point does at the botoom of this page : https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... -20/use-pp
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Return to “Cherry Audio”