What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i recently bought a hartwood semihollow and a harley benton california overdrive.
pretty good guitar for that price. only thing i miss is the chickenhead knob from the gibson lucille for some xtra tone control.
i would buy a dv mark little jazz and a j. rockett archer ikon for a buttery smooth overdrive sound, but its too big money actually, especially if already owning a vox ac 15vr. :D

la;dfj sorry.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:04 pm Anyone know what they sound like? I have heard handmade pedals that sound good and some that sound not so good, so would like to get opinions before I think about buying.
Worth taking a plunge?
Might be, especially if your handy with a soldering iron, if your not happy with it.
Seen a few demos, not recorded very well. Just hope someone does a good one.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

Wasn't it Jeff Beck who used to go into stores and have them pull all the effects out so he could pick the "best" one? I can't remember.

Landlord FX A Cheeky Pint Compressor Pedal.
On the wish-list, but then again. A physical object for the price of a plug-in.
https://youtu.be/qNgoaNu_xHk
Sounds like it works well at levelling the notes.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:04 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm nice prices too :tu:
Holy crap! Yes, those are good prices.

Anyone know what they sound like? I have heard handmade pedals that sound good and some that sound not so good, so would like to get opinions before I think about buying.
I think it was one of his Green Russians that I took in a trade a while ago. TBH I've only used it for about 10 minutes but it sounded about right. I haven't opened the enclosure but, for some reason, on the eBay page there's a warning about opening causing damage, bit odd. Maybe I'll have a look :scared:

I picked up a VOX wah pedal in a secondhand shop. Got my eye on a Strymon Mobius ...

resynthesis wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 pm I think it was one of his Green Russians that I took in a trade a while ago. TBH I've only used it for about 10 minutes but it sounded about right. I haven't opened the enclosure but, for some reason, on the eBay page there's a warning about opening causing damage, bit odd. Maybe I'll have a look :scared:
That is kind of weird - I've never thought of having issues with opening pedals up, and I can't think why that would be an issue.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:53 pm That is kind of weird - I've never thought of having issues with opening pedals up, and I can't think why that would be an issue.

Would these Hammond enclosures need to be opened to insert a battery?
Link.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:53 pm
resynthesis wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:28 pm I think it was one of his Green Russians that I took in a trade a while ago. TBH I've only used it for about 10 minutes but it sounded about right. I haven't opened the enclosure but, for some reason, on the eBay page there's a warning about opening causing damage, bit odd. Maybe I'll have a look :scared:
That is kind of weird - I've never thought of having issues with opening pedals up, and I can't think why that would be an issue.
some may have the earth attached via a screw, when opened it comes away, maybe he just wants to avoid complaints from noobs?

That's possible, especially as they don't have a battery compartment so don't need to be opened.

some pedals are so small maybe theres also a worry of dislodging something?
and most pro electronics comes with "warranty void if opened" so maybe just covering themselves?

that said, ill pick up the one knob at some point, and let you know the verdict.
saves postage to you for the same test 8)

Thanks - would like to hear opinions. I've now ordered a total of 3 pedals from Ananashead (2 are being built right now, so probably won't get them for a week or more yet) as their work is amazing.

I exchanged a few emails with Pedro (the main man there) about the super fuzz I got and found out he's really passionate about building to original specs and sourcing the right parts - he was telling me about which artists he listened to where he heard that sound. He also added some output filtering to keep the noise floor really low, but I don't hear any impact to the sound.

Dallas Rangemaster and Tonebender Mk. I on their way to me and if they're anything like the super fuzz they're going to be amazing.

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:25 pm that said, ill pick up the one knob at some point, and let you know the verdict.
saves postage to you for the same test 8)
Nice. :tu:

Return to “Guitars”