What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:55 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:24 pm I have a couple weber attenuators that I am not using
What's the Egnater like?
vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:25 pm haha! i don't even own an attenuator!
What amp do you use? I thought you might be direct into pedals then interface.

I very seldom use amps these days (3), I usually use Hi-Z and pedals into an interface. It's nice to rock out on a amp occasionally, it's a different sound, feel and response. I think amps reveal the true sound of the guitars.

I managed to try a Horse AC Tone, might post some clips. I prefer it a lot of amp sims. I also find myself returning to AXP amp sims. they're easy to dial in and sound good.
It's a nice jam amp, I dont record much with it but I like that it has the el84s and 6l6's...it's my amp in the bedroom now. I can use any octal based tube in my Frenzel Superchamp and I have yellowjackets that let me use an el84, I can run any of my tube amp pres into that...that's my recording rig.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:58 pm and yeah, you gotta have a blast some days.
the orange crush is enough though, for occasional rock out sessions!
Yeah, with copious amounts of dirt/fuzz.
I used to enjoy a Ultra Metal pedal in a solid state Peavey stereo chorus. Pure filth....
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:07 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:58 pm and yeah, you gotta have a blast some days.
the orange crush is enough though, for occasional rock out sessions!
Yeah, with copious amounts of dirt/fuzz.
of course! is there any other way to play guitar? :hihi:

(i like it because it hides how crap i actually am, its like bill baileys u2 gig failure :lol: )

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:30 pm G&L Bluesboy semi in orange.

I had just bought a Vintage V72, but it went back as build quality was absolutely terrible.

It's a shame as Vintage always seemed like a great low-mid budget option with decent hardware, but the Vietnamese factory is obviously crapola.

The Bluesboy is wicked. I ruddy love it. It is so, so lively. Recomended.
G&L - Fender evolved, one of the masters. I would expect G&L to have high standards. Sounds like blessing in disguise.
Sad to hear about the Vintage, it's bad for business.

Keep thinking about an 8 string. Not for the chugging/metel (ok, I might do a little bit.... :hihi: ) but for the weirdy chords you could do with it high up the neck with an extra two ringing drone strings. Hmmmm. This is cheapy and I've never had a problem with G4M stuff. Looks very METEL mind, but I'm sure I could turn it to the purposes of the jangle :scared: ;

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-B ... Black/2C65

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:09 pm (i like it because it hides how crap i actually am, its like bill baileys u2 gig failure :lol: )
I love that BB bit, but I have actually seen a U2 live equipment failure at MK Bowl, they did an impromptu cover of ‘Rain’ by The Beatles in honour of it pissing down on us nearly all day.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

many moons ago i had zoom and digitech multifx,but the sound wasn't so great,so discharge them but think to buy such again,cuz like to experiment with different fx,when have some budget for taht will see what's interesting fx now.
Maybe this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYSbVYCTrv0

Nothing, but here's a dynamic mic at a low price, it might work well on cabs, It's well rated on percussion.
Pulse d606 Tom/Snare Drum Microphone £13.39 inc delivery
Amazon UK link
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DP

The Noodlist wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:03 pm Nothing, but here's a dynamic mic at low price, it might work well on cabs, It's well rated on percussion.
I'm really interested in what your thoughts are with recording cabs with this mic, if you care to share.

I currently use an SM57 and E906, which is a classic combo, but i'm always looking for more cool mics.

Cheers.

Karmoon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:59 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:03 pm Nothing, but here's a dynamic mic at low price, it might work well on cabs, It's well rated on percussion.
I'm really interested in what your thoughts are with recording cabs with this mic, if you care to share.

I currently use an SM57 and E906, which is a classic combo, but i'm always looking for more cool mics.

Cheers.
Sorry, I have no experience with this mic. It's rated well in similar roles where a SM57 might be used. Having no negative reviews on Amazon is a feat in itself.

Trying to close the deal on this. I have a Stanford semi, and it's my best electric.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 76-74-2136
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:17 pm
ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:30 pm G&L Bluesboy semi in orange.

I had just bought a Vintage V72, but it went back as build quality was absolutely terrible.

It's a shame as Vintage always seemed like a great low-mid budget option with decent hardware, but the Vietnamese factory is obviously crapola.

The Bluesboy is wicked. I ruddy love it. It is so, so lively. Recomended.
G&L - Fender evolved, one of the masters. I would expect G&L to have high standards. Sounds like blessing in disguise.
Sad to hear about the Vintage, it's bad for business.
I’ve had a G&L Skyhawk since ‘83. I love the hell out of that guitar. I’ve never played an actual Fender brand Fender that was anywhere close. The only thing I did do is add a Starrlabs pickup switch and Sperzel locking tuners.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I sold my Kemper last year and got an AxeFX 3 mk2 and I’m super happy with it, but I do sort of feel like I miss the interaction between passive guitar pickups and a fuzz. Not sure what fuzz to get though. I used to have a Fuzzfactory that I liked, but I also had a Cockfight that got a lot more use due to its bread-n-butter type sound. The Fractal emulations are fine for my Steinberger, but not as good when I use my G&L.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Bought a Browne Amplification protein...

https://browneamps.com/store/protein-dual-overdrive

Return to “Guitars”